• Register
  • Help

Topic: Audio Outs in SONAR

Share/Bookmark

Audio Outs in SONAR

I insert GPO as a DXi. I open the "All Synths" option and that gets me 8 audio outs for my eight GPO instruments. However, I don't know how to get individual audio tracks for each instrument. You can either use "GPO Main" which has all the instruments in each of the 8 audio tracks or you can go to "GPO 1 & 2", "GPO 3 & 4", etc. Anybody know how to do that?

Re: Audio Outs in SONAR

Quote Originally Posted by rageangel
    I insert GPO as a DXi. I open the "All Synths" option and that gets me 8 audio outs for my eight GPO instruments. However, I don't know how to get individual audio tracks for each instrument. You can either use "GPO Main" which has all the instruments in each of the 8 audio tracks or you can go to "GPO 1 & 2", "GPO 3 & 4", etc. Anybody know how to do that?
    You might not need all of those audio outs... possibly just 1&2 will be fine. What you will need is 8 midi tracks with their outputs going to GPO1, GPO2, etc. for all of the 8 instruments you're using. All eight of those can just go into GPO, and from GPO, go out to your main audio track (1&2).

All of the different audio outs 3&4, 5&6 are for different audio channels - so you can send one group of instruments through some reverb, others through EQ, etc.

Sorry, if you really do need separate audio tracks for every single instrument... I'm just going on the assumption that you are just trying to figure out how to load up a basic set of 8 instruments in Sonar. If you do want your instruments to go to different audio channels, you can set the outputs in Kompakt... to the left of your instruments you'll see a 'group edit' button, just above that you should see '1/2'. If you click that you can change the output for each instrument.

I never understood the option when you insert a DXi to have all of those audio tracks, but just one midi track - don't most people just use one main audio track with a bunch of midi tracks for instruments? Seems like that would be more useful IMHO. Oh well, that's what templates are for.
    Dane Hawkes DiAnda
    C. I. Studios

Re: Audio Outs in SONAR

Thanks. I don't know if I really need 8 outs. The underlying problem is the xylophone. Everytime I try to get 64th and 128th notes, it distorts all the other sounds that are playing along with it.

Go Back to forum