• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Question About How To Be Able To Hear GigaStudio

Share/Bookmark

Question About How To Be Able To Hear GigaStudio

I know. This is a stupid question. But I got my GigaStudio3 computer set up yesterday and installed GS3 today (beat ya, cptexas). So now I'm confused as to how to hear what I'm doing. I know monitors are an obvious solution and I'll be purchasing some monitors tomorrow, but until then, can I somehow listen to what I'm doing through headphones or something? I'm downright foncused.

-Colt

Re: Question About How To Be Able To Hear GigaStudio

Quote Originally Posted by leavinghope
    I know. This is a stupid question. But I got my GigaStudio3 computer set up yesterday and installed GS3 today (beat ya, cptexas). So now I'm confused as to how to hear what I'm doing. I know monitors are an obvious solution and I'll be purchasing some monitors tomorrow, but until then, can I somehow listen to what I'm doing through headphones or something? I'm downright foncused.

-Colt
    Yeah, headphones in the headphones socket in the soundcard...!

Daryl

My sound card is the M-Audio Audiophile192. There is no headphones socket.

-Colt

Do you have a SoundCard that came with the computer, like a SoundBlaster or something?
    You might be able to use that for now.
    By the way, what speakers are you getting?
    Derrkins

Music is an exact, inexact, subjective, objective ArtScience.
    - Derrkins 2002
    -----------------------------------------
    Stepped up again ....
    New specs ....
    Core 2 Quad 2.4
    Intel Media Edition MoBo
    2x2gb RAM

Talking Re: Question About How To Be Able To Hear GigaStudio

I got my GigaStudio3 computer set up yesterday and installed GS3 today (beat ya, cptexas).
    Ahem....cough.....grunt...ahem!!

WELL...........if that's the way you want to be.....FINE!!!! I still have a year yet to get enough money from my job for a computer.

But it'll be a SUPERcomputer!!
    Much BETTER than yours!

-Chris

EDIT: I forgot to answer your question. Sorry . I don't know how your gonna hear stuff, maybe do what GTbananna said.

As for monitors, you can consult my grandfather. He builds speakers for a hobby and we built my monitoring system. Maybe you could get a good system from him. His run up in the $3000 range. At least, that's how much he said mine are worth. Maybe he was trying to make me special, I don't know. I know they're super expensive, but every system he builds sounds betterer and betterer with speaker technology getting advanceder and advanceder. His systems are always totally flat in frequency response, and there's never evil muddy bass or anything like that.

Or if you want to build your own system, do a search on speaker construction. You'll fine a lot of answers online. Or you can ask Jon Fairhurst. He built his own speakers.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by GTBannah
    Do you have a SoundCard that came with the computer, like a SoundBlaster or something?
    You might be able to use that for now.
    By the way, what speakers are you getting?
    The ASUS motherboard I got has a soundcard on it, but I can't seem to get it to work with GigaStudio3. I tried to use the mobo sound for playback and the audiophile192 for recording but it's just not budging.

I'll be getting the M-Audio Studiophile DX4 for monitors. They seem to have gotten the better reviews for monitors in my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Ahem....cough.....grunt...ahem!!

WELL...........if that's the way you want to be.....FINE!!!! I still have a year yet to get enough money from my job for a computer.

But it'll be a SUPERcomputer!!
    Much BETTER than yours!

-Chris

EDIT: I forgot to answer your question. Sorry . I don't know how your gonna hear stuff, maybe do what GTbananna said.

As for monitors, you can consult my grandfather. He builds speakers for a hobby and we built my monitoring system. Maybe you could get a good system from him. His run up in the $3000 range. At least, that's how much he said mine are worth. Maybe he was trying to make me special, I don't know. I know they're super expensive, but every system he builds sounds betterer and betterer with speaker technology getting advanceder and advanceder. His systems are always totally flat in frequency response, and there's never evil muddy bass or anything like that.

Or if you want to build your own system, do a search on speaker construction. You'll fine a lot of answers online. Or you can ask Jon Fairhurst. He built his own speakers.

-Chris

I have no earthly idea on how to build my own speakers and don't feel like putting that much time into it. I just want to write music.

I'll be getting the M-Audio Audiophile DX4 for monitors. http://m-audio.com/products/en_us/DX4-main.html

Just plug the headphones into the AP192, turn the AP192 all the way up, and you will be able to hear the results.

Note that the AP192 drivers set the output to zero by default. You need to open up the AP192 control panel, and crank up the faders.

You won't be able to monitor Giga through the on-board sound card. It's not GSIF compatible. You will need to use the AP 192 for input and output with Giga.

-JF

Talking Re: Question About How To Be Able To Hear GigaStudio

I have no earthly idea on how to build my own speakers and don't feel like putting that much time into it. I just want to write music.
    Awwwww!!
    C'mon!
    Where's your sence of adventure?

If you just want to write music, you might as well stick to manustript. Building your own speakers is just one of the many joys of writing music electronicly!!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    Awwwww!!
    C'mon!
    Where's your sence of adventure?

If you just want to write music, you might as well stick to manustript. Building your own speakers is just one of the many joys of writing music electronicly!!

-Chris
    Trust me. I've been in the game all my life. There aint nothing fun about building something musically.

-Colt

Go Back to forum