• Register
  • Help

Topic: SB Live

Share/Bookmark

SB Live

What about the SB Live sound card? Is it suitable for the new GigaStudio? (in terms of latency, etc) - and comparing to a GSIF card.

mihmar

Re: SB Live

Hi Mihmar,

I currently use an SB Live sound card with GigaStudio. I experience no latency (at least none that I can tell). Of course I haven\'t really tried to tax it yet. I don\'t do much orchestrations.

On the other hand, you won\'t get some of the benefits you have with a GSIF card. You get only 1 input and 1 output and 1 send. You won\'t be able to specify different NFX for each voice. Other than that though, you\'ll be fine with the SB Live...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mihmar:
    What about the SB Live sound card? Is it suitable for the new GigaStudio? (in terms of latency, etc) - and comparing to a GSIF card.

mihmar
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Rivethead,

So each channel has its OWN send amount, but to the same NFX, right?
    What about the EQs? Are available on each channel?

mihmar

The volume you see for each channel is actually a MIDI parameter to set the volume of the instrument. All you have for each channel is Volume and Pan.

I\'m currently investigating GSIF cards cause I\'d really like to have this capability.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mihmar:
    Thanks Rivethead,

So each channel has its OWN send amount, but to the same NFX, right?
    What about the EQs? Are available on each channel?

mihmar
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum