• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: well, there's an election coming

Share/Bookmark

Talking well, there's an election coming

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Ahem.... any thoughts? Any interest? Anybody?

Re: well, there's an election coming

OOOOO I'm not touching British politics! Wow!

I'm not for the Torries though...

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    OOOOO I'm not touching British politics! Wow!

I'm not for the Torries though...

Oh oh oh - we talk to you guys for what seemed like an interminable amount of time about your elections - like forever - and THIS is the best you can come up with????

(In a whiny voice) I'm not touching British politics Wah wah wah

(In an even whinier voice) not the Tories though Wah wah wah

Well that's it Brian. You and I are finished! FIIINNISSSHED - DO YOU HEAR!

Well, at least as long as it takes me to make this Late coffee ....

IN A BLUE MUG!!!

Talking Re: well, there's an election coming

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    Oh oh oh - we talk to you guys for what seemed like an interminable amount of time about your elections - like forever - and THIS is the best you can come up with????

(In a whiny voice) I'm not touching British politics Wah wah wah

(In an even whinier voice) not the Tories though Wah wah wah

Well that's it Brian. You and I are finished! FIIINNISSSHED - DO YOU HEAR!

Well, at least as long as it takes me to make this Late coffee ....

IN A BLUE MUG!!!
    Now see here Paul!

Look, you guys had the whole world by the tail…and you gave it up! The sun never set on the British Empire! Things were pretty smooth when you guys were running the show. But now, you handed the whole thing to your stupid child (The U.S.A.). You lost the colonies…and look what happened! So I say: Vote for the Queen!

Any chance you guys will have us back?

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Now see here Paul!

Look, you guys had the whole world by the tail…and you gave it up! The sun never set on the British Empire! Things were pretty smooth when you guys were running the show. But now, you handed the whole thing to your stupid child (The U.S.A.). You lost the colonies…and look what happened! So I say: Vote for the Queen!

Any chance you guys will have us back?
    …2112
    Hmmm. Nice Coffee!

Now looky here Brian

Forget all that Empire stuff! That's all historical stuff. We can't even run a tiny island properly.

I HATE ROYALTY! Well, not personally, but the idea of it as an institution. See? Not all Tories are what you think they maybe - or should be!

My dear fellow, that is such a nice thing to say - of COURSE we'll take you back - the trouble is, we have always thought we never lost America in the FIRST PLACE!

Anyway, I see through your cunning plan - you are trying - vainly - to throw me off the track - THIS ELECTION! In not many days time.

IN A BLUE MUG!!!!!

I haven't a clue about British politics . . . who are the candidates? Are there any issues the non-British would care about?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

So is Blair up? Is he about to get his butt kicked -- as he should -- for being Bush's lapdog?
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    So is Blair up? Is he about to get his butt kicked -- as he should -- for being Bush's lapdog?
    Now that's more like it!!!!

It's certainly an interesting situation: Blair is center-left, but his support for the war makes him loved by the Bushies, and hated by the left. But what does one on the left do? Vote for the Torries?

So, does Blair have any viable opposition from the left? And is there anybody who can match his charisma?

Blair really presents an odd choice for voters, doesn't he?

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    It's certainly an interesting situation: Blair is center-left, but his support for the war makes him loved by the Bushies, and hated by the left. But what does one on the left do? Vote for the Torries?

So, does Blair have any viable opposition from the left? And is there anybody who can match his charisma?

Blair really presents an odd choice for voters, doesn't he?

-JF
    Interesting questions Fairhurst Much more intelligent than that idiot from Texas (just kidding Brian - it's alright - calm down)

Blair's support for Bush and the war to be fair - he really didn't have that much of a choice - caught between a rock and hard place. A lot of his supporters will not vote for Labour this time becasue of that ironically. That is because they are 'true' left. The true, rancid left have very little time for America and would snort with derision with a left/left comparison of our two countries.
    Therefore, I would suppose that disenchanted or disenfranchised Labour voters will go over to the Liberal Democrats and basically vote for them as a protest vote. Waste of time of course.

The thing with the left as I see it. Labour wins the election, but wih a large reduced majority - the left, the true left wing of the Labour party will have him out of there before you can say 'night of the long knives'. If that happened, this country can kiss their butts goodbye. May not happen of course.

The charisma issue is an interesting one. The Liberal party leader Kennedy has about as much charisma as a wet weekend in Scarborough.

Howard on the other hand?? They don't call him The Prince of Darkness for nothing.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast