• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Bosendorfer 290 K2 update + demo

Share/Bookmark

Bosendorfer 290 K2 update + demo

This Free update for Native instruments Kontakt 2 users adds Sympathetic Resonance and Convolution-based body resonance. The update is 5 MB and contains new body resonance IR's. There is a manual on-line explaining how to adjust these new options in Kontakt 2.
    The update is in the update section of www.postpiano.com.
    Read the update details here: Update Notes

All new Grandioso Bosendorfer 290 disks in Kontakt version will ship with hybrid Kontakt 2 and Kontakt 1.53 patches. The PMI Bosendorfer 290 is available in our on-line store for $ 140, including free worldwide shipping.

A few notes:
    • IR's: The initial patch comes with a 2.6 sec body resonance IR wavefile. This is rather short but is less CPU intensive than the 6 and 8 seconds IR's also contained in the update. You can drag and drop the IR's in the convolution window to audition them. Lowering the sample rate in the convolution edit screen can help prevent CPU spikes. Detailed instructions on how to set levels and how to adjust the overall sound of the resonance are included in the pdf manual.
    • CPU: K2, when using the convolution engine can be CPU intensive. The EMPEROR multi only uses pedal up samples to prevent CPU/RAM problems. If CPU spikes occur you have to make sure you have optimal DFD settings, enough available RAM and you may consider lowering the sample rate of the IR to give your system more overhead. And latency can be made ad high as you want with the body resonance; it will not degrade the quality of the effect, which in real life also fades in over time.
    • HARMONICS: The samples for the Harmonics nki are all Bosendorfer 290-specific samples. If you want to use the Harmonics patch on other piano libraries we recommend using the Kontakt Library instrument patch with our Steinway D from the Kontakt 2 Library installation DVD's instead, since it uses less samples and can help prevent RAM problems. The script we used is to generate the harmonics is the Kontakt 2 script that is on the K2 installation DVD. It was written by Xavier Bidault and Niki Martini, and was partly based on the brilliant ideas of Olivier Bidault.

New demo, demonstrating the new harmonic resonance and sympathetic string resoance is on-line also. Click here to listen!
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: Bosendorfer 290 K2 update + demo

Michiel,

You sell 2 Bosendorfer 290s (except the Emperor).

The one with the NI Kompakt player and then an earlier one you made, correct?

When you talk about these two, how do YOU call them?

And which one are you talking about above?

Thanks.

The PMI Bosendorfer is one piano library, available in several ways:
    1. the Giga(2 and 3), Kontakt (1&2), Exs24 and Halion formats
    2. the Kompakt Plug-In format

The update above can be used with all Kontakt and Kompakt Plug-In versions, provided you use the new Kontakt 2 software.

The Kontakt version can load the updated nki's and nkm without sample search issues, the Kompakt Plug-In version can use the Kontakt 2 update (under Kontakt2 naturally) but will have to search for the samples, since they are located in a consolidated Library_x file. Simply, use the autosearch function and you'll be loading everything. For other questions please see the above manual page.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thanks for the update Michiel!

What was a great piano is getting even better. Can't wait to fool around with it!

Michel: You wrote that the PMI Bosendorfer 290 is available in your online store for $140. But when I visit your online store, I don't see the Plug-In version among the other offerings. And when I click on the "buy it" link on the Bose 290 Plug-In page, I get sent to Soundsonline, which sells it for full list price.

What gives? I'd rather buy it direct, especially as you accept PayPal.

- Eyecatcher

Quote Originally Posted by Eyecatcher
    Michel: You wrote that the PMI Bosendorfer 290 is available in your online store for $140. But when I visit your online store, I don't see the Plug-In version among the other offerings. And when I click on the "buy it" link on the Bose 290 Plug-In page, I get sent to Soundsonline, which sells it for full list price.

What gives? I'd rather buy it direct, especially as you accept PayPal.

- Eyecatcher
    PMI does not sell the Plug-In version directly, it´s an EastWest product using a license of our library. All sales of this plug-in go through EastWest, who sells to distributors and dealers.

When I was referring to the $140 price I was referring to the Kontakt/Giga/EXS and Halion versions that are all $140 in our on-line store.
    Best
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thanks for the clarification.

But the updates you just announced DO work with the plug-in version, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    PMI does not sell the Plug-In version directly, it´s an EastWest product using a license of our library. All sales of this plug-in go through EastWest, who sells to distributors and dealers.

When I was referring to the $140 price I was referring to the Kontakt/Giga/EXS and Halion versions that are all $140 in our on-line store.
    Best

Thanks Again Michiel !! Looking forward to your K2 version!! ,Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Eyecatcher
    Thanks for the clarification.

But the updates you just announced DO work with the plug-in version, right?
    It should work out since, you can also load the
    Bos 290 plugin patch`s to Kontakt2 .
    I have both so I`ll try it out.

BTW, great thats a free update! And thanks ! >Michiel

Now if NI could make the convolution a little bit more lighter
    and easy on the CPU in the future updates.
    Because it really eats alot of power.
    Takes up my G4 1GHz Dual, even if the Multi proccessor is enabled.

Will this update work for me (once my copy of K2 arrives), as I bought the SoundsOnline piano pak version: Bosendorfer and Galaxy Steinway together.
    Andy Finkenstadt, WinXP, P4-2.8GHZ, 3GB, Sonar 4 PE, Sibelius 3. Yamaha CVP-79A.
    EWQL: Gold, GoldPro, Choirs, StormDrum. and Galaxy & Bosendorfer 290, and RealGuitar. And an empty bank account.

Go Back to forum