• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Where do you sell legit, used software

Share/Bookmark

Cool OT: Where do you sell legit, used software

I want to sell my original discs of Giga 160, NI Elektrik Piano, and Atruria Mini Moog V-got permission from Artutria, and the websites for Giga and NI clearly state a friendly license transfer policy-but I get few responses from Sweetwater's Trading Post and the KVR forum.

Has anybody had positive results with Ebay? Any other alternatives?

Thanks.........Roger Barnes

Re: OT: Where do you sell legit, used software

In most cases I've never seen much market for used software priced above 50% of what its going for on the retail side. If you price it above 50% be prepared to wait it out. Most audio program users when faced with used prices close to the retail price, would rather just support the developers directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Blaske
    I've bought legit used software on eBay before (mainly PT plug-ins). Selling used software is really a buyer's market, though, so be prepared to take a big loss. Don't set the starting price or reserve very high, because you won't get many bites if you do. If you have any use at all for the software, you're probably better off just keeping it.

With a lot of used software, I believe legit buyers who would spend decent money on software are frightened that software is pirated.

Lee Blaske
    Also, you can't sell most software because you don't own it. All you have is a licence to use it. Do check with the software company that they will allow transfers of registrations; some won't.

Daryl

I would suggest Craigslist.org

It can be local or national, depending on you!

And best of all....none of those pesky eBay fees!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I've had great success both buying and selling on eBay. Search on "completed items" and that will give you an idea of the market value. I agree it is a buyer's market though, unless you scored an amazing price on the original through a pre-release, group buy, etc.

It seems to me that sellers get higher prices for their "used" software at k-v-r than I would expect. Maybe that is because the sellers are often long-time posters who buyers trust regarding license transfers etc.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Smile Re: OT: Where do you sell legit, used software

Thanks for your replies-exellent input!

Roger Barnes

Go Back to forum