• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 2 Heaven

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2 Heaven

Well, I finally got my copy of Kontakt 2 last night. Initial reaction: Wow. How can it get any better than this? NI has outdone themselves.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Re: Kontakt 2 Heaven

Rob,

I feel exactly the same, as you will see in my Kontakt 2 review (the first K2 review to be published AFAIK), which will be published this week. NI has done a great job with this major new version, I was smiling ear to ear the first time I loaded it up.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

ditto here!
    K2 is a major leap for us samplists...
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thumbs up Re: Kontakt 2 Heaven

Yes, It is the best money I've spent in a long time...

Even better than I expected

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thumbs up Re: Kontakt 2 Heaven

Cosmic conciousness..I was just gonna start a thread like this,as i just installed it last night. I was playing around with the script editor a bit.. I almost lost it!!
    The possibilities are increadible!! Just the ones included are sooo interesting.
    This is really the 1st sampler ive tried so far that feels like a real creative tool with sound sculpting , not just a glorified sample playback system with FX.
    Other than the Ouput assingment thing (which will be added in the next update im told), I`m 100% happy so far. I love the Dev. combined ideas from Halion , GS3 and Absynth 3 ,plus the scripting innovations and rolled it up in K2. Plus a bug fix update already!! A NI 1st Rich

Glad to hear that, people. I'm an EXS user, and the one thing that has kept me from becoming a Kontakt user is that it's a bigger CPU hog - has this been addressed at all with version 2? Will I get the same CPU hit if I load up 12 EXS or 12 Kontakt 2 instruments?

Major turning point!

I just can´t wait to see what will come out from this amazing piece of software.

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bouhalassa
    Will I get the same CPU hit if I load up 12 EXS or 12 Kontakt 2 instruments?
    Hi Ned,<
    I can´t imagine that! The EXS24 is extremely CPU efficient (Mac engine etc) and has such limited functionality that not a lot of the CPU is used for any processing apart from filtering when that is on. Compare that to the ultimate sample processing going on in K2 (if assigned at all by the instrument program files) you´ll likely see that the bare EXS sample CPU hit is lower than K2. Not because K2 is a CPU hog but because K2 has a lot more functionality. Convolution can take a few CPU cycles... No spikes though.
    The DFD engine is much improved though and playing 200+ stereo voices in K2 is a piece of cake on my G5 1.8 single CPU box.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

...not to mention I can load more than double the amount of instruments (using less ram) and render with Sonar's fast bounce with no glitches!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Too bad it's still butt-ugly and has a GUI that requires a magnifying glass to navigate in. I was sort of hoping they would increase the number of midi ports to 8 and not 4, but I guess we can't have everything

Go Back to forum