• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Issues with Old Lady in K2

Share/Bookmark

Issues with Old Lady in K2

Hi,
    can anyone help? I have some issues with loading the updated Old Lady Patches in Kontakt2. It takes quite a while to load and then after several minutes i get an out-of-memory-warning. I know, 1GB is not that much, but should be sufficient for old lady, shouldnt it? Since i dont have these problems with Emperor i assume that the kontakt sample engine is set to sample and not to dfd in those patches. Can anyone confirm? Is there a workaround except mapping all the samples by myself?
    Thanks
    Dennis

Re: Issues with Old Lady in K2

Load the patch, change the AMP setting to DFD and save.
    Solves the problem, future updates that are coming soon will have all settings as DFD.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thanks for the quick answer. This exactly the problem. There is no way of loading that patch without the DFD. So i cannot change the settings.

OK here you go, OLD LADY K2 Main Multi the main patch with DFD as source, you can leave groups and nki's slots out to get the other nkm's.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    Load the patch, change the AMP setting to DFD and save.
    Solves the problem, future updates that are coming soon will have all settings as DFD.
    I could not find the AMP setting. Could you point to its location?
    Thanks,
    Sergio
    p.s. I just got the DVD's, and the Old Lady piano is incredible

I replaced my prior piano in a piece I remixed ("Equilibrium") with the Old Lady (and the Emperor for some parts). What an improvement! The prior piano (it was a large free piano in giga format, I forget the name--is there a free maestro giga available) did not sound right in the upper register. The Old Lady sounds much better. Thanks Michiel!

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Hi Michiel,

Old Lady is sounding better than ever - love the harmonic resonance!. However I had a few issues that others might run into and some questions....

#1)
    In the instructions it says:
    "The Old Lady K2 Small IR file is encoded with the special body impulse sample Soundboard3.wavthat is used to create the soundboard resonance when the sustain pedal is pressed."

This wasn't the case for me. I had to manually drag the Soundboard3.wav file onto the convolution display and resave the patch otherwise it doesn't show up. Or does this have to do with where the IR Samples are located?

#2)
    Also when I load the program:
    K2 OLD LADY+HARMONICS+RELEASES.1
    it loads very quickly. However....

When I load the program:
    OLD LADY K2 HARMONICS RELEASES.1
    it seems to take forever. Why?

#3)
    When I unzipped the update files some of the programs are duplicates with a file size of 0K.

btw, thank you very much for sending the consolidated updates!

Gregory D. moore

--bump-- 10 day...

Michiel, do you monitor other boards? Where is the best place to post? VI?

Quote Originally Posted by synergy543
    --bump-- 10 day...
    Michiel, do you monitor other boards? Where is the best place to post? VI?
    Hi, I have been travelling a lot lately and don't always find time to monitor forums. The easiest way to get my attention is to send private email (following the contact data in the product manual) or trough private mail on this forum.

Old Lady is sounding better than ever - love the harmonic resonance!. However I had a few issues that others might run into and some questions....
    So glad you like the K2 harmonics magic!
    #1)
    Well the encoded harmonics IR samples should be found upon loading the patch. If it does not the location could be wrong. Normally the IR samples are stored in a folder (IR Samples) inside the main sdamples folder for that instrument.
    I also found that saving the convolution effect preset helps.
    I don't actually know what the official procedure is for the convolution effect IR samples, I mean if they are supposed to be found and loaded when transferring from one system to another.
    #2)When I load the program:
    OLD LADY K2 HARMONICS RELEASES.1
    it seems to take forever.
    This is the same issue as above:
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...82&postcount=2
    Simply load it once and change the AMP setting to DFD instead of sample and then save it. The next time it will load blazing fast.
    #3)
    When I unzipped the update files some of the programs are duplicates with a file size of 0K.
    This is a Mac OSX issue. When you zip file on a Mac and transfer to PC you get these empty duplicates. I have no idea how to get rid of them. I do know that removing them from the archive makes them corrupt under OSX.
    BTW, the Tiger update also messes up zip files in a way.

Another issue with these OSX zip files is that some PC systems seem to have trouble opening them at all. Even with WinRar. If this turns out a real problem we'll switch back to WinRar zipped files for all distributed files.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum