• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 55 12341151 ... LastLast

Topic: The New Pope

Share/Bookmark

The New Pope

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    In case you have not yet heard, the next Pope will be Pope Benedict XVI. "Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany has been selected by the Roman Catholic Church as the new pope" . . .

Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: The New Pope

I heard that Pope Benedict XVI is an accomplished pianist who enjoys playing Mozart.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

I've also heard that he's ultra conservative, and he's kinda old too. Not that it really matters to me that much cause I'm not catholic, but it seems like they would have picked somebody a little younger so they wouldn't have to go through all of this in another few years.
    Tim

So, hopefully, the dog and pony show is now over...
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    And another guy from Europe . I guess he was John Paul's "spiritual advisor." It must really be a closed clique.

Ern
    With all the speculation that the Catholic Church and the new Pope might be changing their stance on topics of homosexuality, abortion, women in the priesthood, etc...

...I think the choice of the new Pope (especially given his age) is more of a symbolic gesture of the desire by the church to not change anything. A symbolic move against secularism. To "get back to their roots" so to speak and keep the status quo from John Paul II's legacy intact and has nothing to do with a "closed clique".
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    To "get back to their roots" so to speak and keep the status quo from John Paul II's legacy intact
    I think this is an own goal. "Cult culture" aside, the primary function of any religious organisation in our era is, surely, to teach the value of morals. (Although it still contributes to social cohesion in other societies, in the Western World this function has waned as a primary feature). If the Catholic Church insists on blindly preaching from old doctrine, layed down by men 1700 yrs ago, it destroys its credibility as Guide. People will automatically cherry pick from its teachings and, ultimately, not take the whole thing so seriously, apart from the circus entertainment.

My prediction is that the Catholic church will undergo another Reformation, and that the new pope will become Lutheran.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

Papa - Ratzi!

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal
    My prediction is that the Catholic church will undergo another Reformation, and that the new pope will become Lutheran.
    And move the Vatican to Fargo.
    - Layne

Any of you guys heard about this?:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

And this site has a list of all the predictions:
    http://www.catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

Kinda weird, yet interesting.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 55 12341151 ... LastLast