• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Moving way too fast for me!

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Moving way too fast for me!

Technology in this business is starting to move way too fast for me to handle. Just get a grip on one aspect and it changes, upgrades or completely becomes obsolete. I think after the new GPO products come out I'm going to do a Rip Van Winkle for a while.
    Maybe find meself a spot and start a flower garden in the back yard for the summer. Or, maybe take up space down near the waterfront and watch the boats sail (or sink).
    Sort of lost the feel for it I guess. No biggie ... just need time to take my brain for a walk and reevaluate. Feeling overwhelmed or bored or something. I hate that feeling don't you? Suns out, I have medical leave from work for the rest of the week. I should feel like dancing but I dunt, Lucy! Man, got soume splanin to du ... Maybe I'll go to Walmart and try on some Fred Mertz pants then stand in the middle of the isle where every one can see me!
    Man ... Technology......
    See yas in June when the new stuff comes out....
    Styxx

Re: Moving way too fast for me!

Yes, there is some great technology on the horizon, but don't keep your creativity locked away while you wait for its arrival! Keep composing! I think sometimes we can get into the mode of thinking "oh, I don't want to work on this idea until I have the new stuff." But since new stuff will always be on the way, we must get out of that thought trap and keep composing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

I am taking pain pills and muscle relaxers. I had forgotten how weird this stuff makes me feel. Feel like, like, chicken!
    Styxx

has your wife baked any of those special cookies yet?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Thumbs up Re: Moving way too fast for me!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    has your wife baked any of those special cookies yet?
    he he! Kuk kuk kuk! Arf arf I yams what I yams!
    Yes, want me to send some ova fur ya?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    he he! Kuk kuk kuk! Arf arf I yams what I yams!
    Yes, want me to send some ova fur ya?
    Maybe, but first I will study your posts for the next few days to see if there are any unwanted side-effects . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Sounds like those are some powerful ingrediants in those special cookies my friend.

I know what you mean. I used to think I lived on the bleeding edge of this stuff, but it all happens so fast I can't keep up and my wallet has exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Maybe, but first I will study your posts for the next few days to see if there are any unwanted side-effects . . .
    Well if you don't want 'em I do!
    Hey, how's the piano book coming hanywayzzzz?
    Styxx

Well if you don't want 'em I do!
    Hey, how's the piano book coming hanywayzzzz?
    Actually, for the past two weeks, and this week as well, I have been far too busy with two ten-page papers, three entire books I had to/need to read, and these stupid weekly programming projects that are turning me away from computer science. That, and I am terrible at scheduling my time wisely. For instance, sometimes I'll spend time writing posts instead of doing homework . . .

But perhaps I will have some demos up in May with me playing some of the simple pieces live. I was working with a Bach piece, a Mozart piece, and a really easy Tchaikovsky piece. Actually, a friend of mine who's majoring in music and I used the book to analyze modulations in one of Bach's pieces I especially like how it has numbering above the notation for some of the notes, it's a great finger reference. Thank you for it!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I am taking pain pills and muscle relaxers. I had forgotten how weird this stuff makes me feel. Feel like, like, chicken!
    Well, since I have been living with pain for a LONG time, I understand your feelings. But for the most part, unless it becomes totally disabling, I prefer the pain to the side effects of the pain killers, most of which don't help much. Nightmares, insomnia, digestive disturbances, loss of co-ordination, asthma exacerbation are the worst. So when the pain flares, I get a lot of practice of not screaming, not playing the piano, not doing much, but eventually it subsides a bit, and I continue on my way. Not much other choice. Once in a while, I need a fresh start, and some pills become inevitable, but never for more than about three days.

Some tail wagging by my dog, and a cat on my lap sometimes is helpful. Not much help, but it is all I can offer now. Tonight I am as pain free as I have been in many years, but tomorrow is another day!

Richard

Go Back to forum