• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar 3 and GPO copying

Share/Bookmark

Sonar 3 and GPO copying

I apologize if this should be in the support and technical forum; I wasn´t sure.

I am using Sonar 3 (latest patch - 3.1.1) with GPO. I use GPO studio, not the DXI version. The problem is that when you copy MIDI data in sonar, all the controller data is lost, so whenever I copy/paste anything I have to re-add all the mod-wheel, portamento, etc.

Does anyone know a way to make Sonar preserve that data when it´s copied?

Re: Sonar 3 and GPO copying

Sonar 3 is what I use with GPO. I'm not sure how you're copying the data, by track, by filter, etc. If you do a "select all", be sure to check the filter settings to make sure that the cc data is included. That may be your problem.

If all else fails, you can go into the Events view (or Geek view, as I like to call it). It lists every single MIDI event, of all types, so you can select / copy all data from there for sure.

Hope this helps,
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Error
    I apologize if this should be in the support and technical forum; I wasn´t sure.

I am using Sonar 3 (latest patch - 3.1.1) with GPO. I use GPO studio, not the DXI version. The problem is that when you copy MIDI data in sonar, all the controller data is lost, so whenever I copy/paste anything I have to re-add all the mod-wheel, portamento, etc.

Does anyone know a way to make Sonar preserve that data when it´s copied?
    If I recall correctly, there should be options to paste all of the information, not just the notes.

Jim

It depends on how you select what to copy.

If you lasso notes from the piano roll or staff view, you will select only the note events (and pedal events on staff view).

If you select a range by dragging along the time line at the top of the staff or piano view, or you select a clip/track from the track view, all events in the track will be selected. If you have envelopes in the selection, you can optionally select the envelopes.
    Bill

Also, if copying in track view, make sure you consolidate the clips if you've been over dubbing the cc events ( select clips then control B) .

When using sound on sound in track mode , Sonar creates new clips on top of the previous recorded material. Sometimes making it hard to select the material to be copied.
    I usually highlight the whole track by double or triple clicking the track number and then control B.
    Bosco Adama

Thumbs up Re: Sonar 3 and GPO copying

Thank ye all kindly for the help!

The problem has now been firmly squashed, although I´m sure something else will rear its ugly head before too long .

Go Back to forum