• Register
  • Help

Topic: Novaton Remote 49?

Share/Bookmark

Novaton Remote 49?

Anyone try this one yet?

Novation ReMote 49 Features:
    • 4 Octave Semi-Weighted high quality Aftertouch responsive Keyboard
    • Portable - Runs for over 18 hours on 6x C-size dry batteries (9 hours on rechargeables). Can also be powered from USB or external PSU
    • 64 User programmable templates, each with over 60 parameters. Over 50 templates factory preset for packages including Reason, Native Instruments, Cubase, Logic etc.
    • Supplied with coloured ident strips customised to applications or user defined
    • Pitch bend and programmable mod wheel joystick mechanism with user selectable static or spring loaded mod wheel action
    • Programmable X/Y touch pad surface for simultaneous control of multiple parameters
    • 24 buttons, 8 knobs, 8 encoders and 8 sliders assignable to each template
    • Backlit Blue / Silver LCD display for realtime parameter view
    • Built in MIDI / USB interface. Can be used as stand alone controller or as an interface
    • Dedicated transport controls and four 'fast template select' function buttons
    • Ships with USB/MIDI drivers for Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP and Mac OSX.
    Styxx

Re: Novaton Remote 49?

Mikey,

The features sound really great but at a price tag of $1299 (U.S.) I don't think that I will be having a go at it any time soon.

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Question Re: Novaton Remote 49?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Mikey,

The features sound really great but at a price tag of $1299 (U.S.) I don't think that I will be having a go at it any time soon.

Larry A.
    Woe wait ... I received an email ad from Sweetwater and the price for this 49 key controller Novation ReMOTE 49
    49-key USB MIDI keyboard controller with 24 buttons, eight knobs, eight encoders and eight sliders.
    $399.97! + Free Shipping Retail: $499.00
    Styxx

Bimb! I am wondering about this feature "Touch Pad" and how it might work with the Jazz lib as well as the others.

Novation ReMote 49 Features:
    * 4 Octave Semi-Weighted high quality Aftertouch responsive Keyboard
    * Portable - Runs for over 18 hours on 6x C-size dry batteries (9 hours on rechargeables). Can also be powered from USB or external PSU
    * 64 User programmable templates, each with over 60 parameters. Over 50 templates factory preset for packages including Reason, Native Instruments, Cubase, Logic etc.
    * Supplied with coloured ident strips customised to applications or user defined
    * Pitch bend and programmable mod wheel joystick mechanism with user selectable static or spring loaded mod wheel action
    * Programmable X/Y touch pad surface for simultaneous control of multiple parameters
    * 24 buttons, 8 knobs, 8 encoders and 8 sliders assignable to each template
    * Backlit Blue / Silver LCD display for realtime parameter view
    * Built in MIDI / USB interface. Can be used as stand alone controller or as an interface
    * Dedicated transport controls and four 'fast template select' function buttons
    * Ships with USB/MIDI drivers for Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP and Mac OSX.
    Styxx

I think it's been mentioned before but this new "omnipotent" midi master keyboard seems to demand further investiagtion:

http://www.cme-pro.com/product.html
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Richard,
    They look pretty dang inviting don't they! All the features I am looking for and in an inexpensive 88 key setup as well. But, how reliable are they? I've never heard of this line before is this something totally new?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    I think it's been mentioned before but this new "omnipotent" midi master keyboard seems to demand further investiagtion:

http://www.cme-pro.com/product.html
    I did a little more searching and researching this product and found most reviews consider this a good product. There were a few cons but one the stood out amongst them all was the display. Complaints were in order to read with any clarity one must "tilt" the whole unit sideways (no specific direction). The biggest pro was the aluminum housing instead of plastic that most manufactures use. I guess that’s a big plus if you are going to road this unit every night but for myself it stays in the studio.
    I wonder if Guitar Center carries this controller? It would be nice to test this unit out before purchasing.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum