• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: FEDEX UK

Share/Bookmark

Angry OT: FEDEX UK

Way off topic, but since an awful lot of our samples are delivered by Fedex there are probably a lot of people here who can empathise. I don't understand why we keep putting up with them?

I've just ordered Atsia from Sonic Implants, and paid for international priority delivery. I say just, but it was actually three days ago on the 19th. Because I ordered in the afternoon of the 19th it wasn't dispatched until the 20th, nevertheless it arrived in the UK later on the 20th, and was at Runcorn (40 miles away) by 5am on the 21st. Until then I was genuinely impressed - the American end of things seems to be very slick, and customer orientated. Unfortunately my own compatriots aren't quite so fired-up. The package sat in Runcorn for the whole of yesterday - there was no attempt to deliver it. And according to the tracking service it's still there now and it doesn't look like they're going to bother today either.

I wouldn't mind, but the amount I will end up paying for their services is extortionate. Firstly there's the $32 which they charge Sonic Implants and which Sonic Implants then charge me. That seems high enough for something which weighs so little and takes no space. But then there's the bill which they send a few weeks later, explaining that they rushed my package through customs, where, without their services, it might have languished for weeks - for this there will be a further charge, which will be proportional to the value of the item, even though I'm supposedly paying for the man-hours of the Fedex guy who had to bring it through. They don't explain to the sender that this bill will be sent to the recipient. On top of this they will pass on the bill for sales tax and import duty.

So altogether this disc which costs $179 will probably cost me about $279.

Which is why I'm a little ticked that my package seems to have spent 2 days 40 miles away when it managed to cross half the world in less than a day. I'm also ticked because UPS always manage to deliver stuff quicker, cheaper, and without incurring any Duty or sales tax as they come into the country. With them the delivery charge which I've paid to the vendor has always been the end of it.

Re: OT: FEDEX UK

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Way off topic, but since an awful lot of our samples are delivered by Fedex there are probably a lot of people here who can empathise. I don't understand why we keep putting up with them?

I've just ordered Atsia from Sonic Implants, and paid for international priority delivery.
    Man, if you're in the UK you should order Atsia at www.Bestservice.de ...they have a 3 libs for 150 € discount, so add two other and you'll be paying less! They ship UPS. I personally don't pay shipping here in Holland, but I don't think you'd have to pay that much of an outrageous amount.

EDIT: I forgot that they don't ship to the UK. It's plain stupid, because they ship to every country in the world except for the UK. Too bad TimeSpace doesn't have it...

Go Back to forum