• Register
  • Help

Topic: Editing MIDI in Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Question Editing MIDI in Kontakt 2

It looks like Kontakt is leaving other samplers behind, for modeling realistic pianos.

How do Kontakt users edit MIDI? Right now I use Halion. In its MIDI editor, notes show as bars. It's easy to make the notes of a chord sound at the same time---just align the bars. How would I do this in Kontakt?

DavidH

Re: Editing MIDI in Kontakt 2

I would like to know how to do this as well. The other related question I have is: Say you are using a drum script in Kontakt 2; can the midi out be
    written to the drum editor in Cubase SX 3?

Ron

If you mean does K2 spit out midi like groove agent of something? No... But you can do alot of manipultion with scripting.. Its increadibly flexible.. rich

I think that my original message was not clear, so let me try again.

My goal is to make all the notes of a piano chord sound at the same time. In Halion, I can go in to the MIDI editor and manually align the bars that represent the individual notes. This compensates for my poor technique;-)

In Kontakt, is there an editing screen or page that will let me align all the notes of a chord, so that they sound at the same time?

DavidH

I dont think Im quite understanding you. Aligning midi notes is something one does in your sequencer. There is no Midi edior in K2 only a Sample and Loop editor. If you mean harmonizing 1 or more notes together..K2 is amazing at that. You can even take a sampled chord (e.g. minor triad) and create complex Bill Evens type harmonic extentions out of your chord. With scripting, you can built complex chords out of 1 note that will all play at the same time...

Rich,

Well, ask a stupid question often enough and someone will straighten you out;-). Thanks so much for straightening me out!

Just went into Cubase and saw what you described. I've really got to get squared away about what these apps actually do;-)

Thanks again,

DavidH

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    You can even take a sampled chord (e.g. minor triad) and create complex Bill Evens type harmonic extentions out of your chord. With scripting, you can built complex chords out of 1 note that will all play at the same time...
    Care to create a tutorial?
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Quote Originally Posted by robgb
    Care to create a tutorial?
    If i had the time... . Its actually really simple. Theres a script preset that sets it up for you and if you record yoourself playing major or minor chords on piano or whatever. Justt load them into kontakt, load the preset and foolaround..I can`t remember what the presets called but you`ll find it..Anyways happy sample mangling.. Rich

Go Back to forum