• Register
  • Help

Topic: In Logic: GPO inst back to an "AudioInst" number?

Share/Bookmark

In Logic: GPO inst back to an "AudioInst" number?

In Apple's Logic Pro, I have assigned a GPO instrument (Garritan Personal Orchestra sample) to a track and want to delete that instrument to make room for a different instrument because I've used up the maximum available tracks. When I delete the instrument from the track the GPO instrument is still listed beneath the available track numbers thus still occupying one of the AudioInst numbers. Can I eliminate this instrument and get back an "AudioInst" number? Thanks

Re: In Logic: GPO inst back to an "AudioInst" number?

Quote Originally Posted by sam ward
    In Apple's Logic Pro, I have assigned a GPO instrument (Garritan Personal Orchestra sample) to a track and want to delete that instrument to make room for a different instrument because I've used up the maximum available tracks. When I delete the instrument from the track the GPO instrument is still listed beneath the available track numbers thus still occupying one of the AudioInst numbers. Can I eliminate this instrument and get back an "AudioInst" number? Thanks
    I am only 1/2 sure on what you are trying to do here. Have you actually used up 128 audio instrument tracks already? If so, why not use the multi-inst object wired to a few audioinst objects in the environment.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chriscaouette
    I am only 1/2 sure on what you are trying to do here. Have you actually used up 128 audio instrument tracks already? If so, why not use the multi-inst object wired to a few audioinst objects in the environment.
    Chris
    Chris: I'll try to clarify.
    I assign a track as "AudioInst 48"; I then load GPO "vlns 1 lush" onto that track. Later, I delete "vlns 1 lush" but when I go to assign the track a new AudioInst # and then a new GPO instrument, AudioInst 48 is not listed as available, but "vlns 1 lush" is still listed below and loads in everytime you open the file.
    Maybe I'm just dense, the way it works is you just reload "vlns 1 lush" and then change it. But I'd like to delete the time it takes to load an instrument.
    By the way, I just get 64 audioinst listed. (Logic Pro 6.4.1; MDD 1.24DP; 2G ram).
    Anyway, thanks, and hope this makes more sense.

Ok, maybe I have you this time. Deleting a track doesn't do anything other than just that, delet the track. The audio inst is still in use and if you have the enviroment open yo will se that. What you should do, if you haven't already done so, is create an enviroment template. What I did when I had version 6 was create a layer with 32 (or more if you like) audio instruments in it. Another layer contained audio track objects including busses and main outs, and another was MIDI instruments. This will give you a large overview of everything going on. If you upgrade to 7 is gets even better with a new audio mixer window.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chriscaouette
    Ok, maybe I have you this time. Deleting a track doesn't do anything other than just that, delet the track. The audio inst is still in use and if you have the enviroment open yo will se that. What you should do, if you haven't already done so, is create an enviroment template. What I did when I had version 6 was create a layer with 32 (or more if you like) audio instruments in it. Another layer contained audio track objects including busses and main outs, and another was MIDI instruments. This will give you a large overview of everything going on. If you upgrade to 7 is gets even better with a new audio mixer window.
    Chris
    Much obliged for this information. Hope to upgrade to 7.1 in the near future.

Chris: I found out you can click on "no plug in" on the GPO instrument object in the environment, erase the title on the parameters box, renaming the object "AudioInst 13" and the GPO instrument disappears (doesn't load) and the audioinst 13 become available again. Don't know if this is proper, but couldn't find an answer elsewhere.

Yep. You got it. The process is the same as with any other program. If you don't want it there you have to unselect the plugin (unload it).
    Chris

Go Back to forum