• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: THE DEAD!

Share/Bookmark

Smile THE DEAD!

Hi all, here comes a new piece by me of course. It's a song over following lyric (translated from Icelandic):

Oh, how sweet
    their soules rests
    to what houses
    my mind searches,
    Oh, how sweet
    they sleep
    in their graves
    deep for decay
    to deep in mire.

And mourn no more
    there all sorrows escape
    and rejoice no more
    there all joy escape
    and theres naps cypressum
    sorrowful downunder,
    until the angel
    will call to resurrect them.
    Current version is for piano and violin.

Listen!

Enjoy and please comment on it

Btw. Be warned that this is heavy stuff!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Thumbs up Re: THE DEAD!

Icy and macabre beginning as an Icelandic dead song must be (in the mind of a latin guy...) then an escape to the light, following the lyrics...

It's a pretty clean, stylish piece. You can convince me that it's an original romantic era romanza, you found in an old library...

What exactly the aim of this composition? tell us more.

Smile Re: THE DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Icy and macabre beginning as an Icelandic dead song must be (in the mind of a latin guy...) then an escape to the light, following the lyrics...

It's a pretty clean, stylish piece. You can convince me that it's an original romantic era romanza, you found in an old library...

What exactly the aim of this composition? tell us more.
    Well I just recently discovered many old gems of Icelandic poetry which surely deserve to be known to todays Icelanders. So I'm thinking about doing a something similar as Bach (Geistlige Lieder), Mahler (Kindertotenlieder) etc. did, that's to compose songs/lieds to form a somekind of whole. It will take some digging to do because not all of these poems are easy to get.

Again, thanks for your comment!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: THE DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    . Be warned that this is heavy stuff!
    Great.I Love Heavy
    I liked the intensity of this piece,and the lightening of the mood towards the end.Will this piece eventually be sung?
    regards

Hey Falcon,

As I stated on the chat earlier today, I really like this piece. Dark music is my favorite. Very macabre and heavy, full of emotion. Also, the major modulation at the end is quite effective!

The only portion I don't like (and it could just be the performance) is the rapid repeated notes toward the end. I would prefer them to be more subtle. Just my opinion though.

Keep on writing!!!

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Quote Originally Posted by joaz
    Great.I Love Heavy
    I liked the intensity of this piece,and the lightening of the mood towards the end.Will this piece eventually be sung?
    regards
    Yes, this piece will be sung.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Smile Re: THE DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by brasspig
    Hey Falcon,

As I stated on the chat earlier today, I really like this piece. Dark music is my favorite. Very macabre and heavy, full of emotion. Also, the major modulation at the end is quite effective!

The only portion I don't like (and it could just be the performance) is the rapid repeated notes toward the end. I would prefer them to be more subtle. Just my opinion though.

Keep on writing!!!

Brasspig
    Thanks Brasspig,

yes, regarding the repeated notes - it's the performance thing. After all it's done through Sibelius.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Thumbs up Re: THE DEAD!

Hello there Falcon1,
    really beautiful piece.
    Just one thing if I can permit is the repetition notes for the piano starting at 2:09, the sound is a little metal.
    Howeve is a beautiful composition.
    Great job,
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by beach
    Hello there Falcon1,
    really beautiful piece.
    Just one thing if I can permit is the repetition notes for the piano starting at 2:09, the sound is a little metal.
    Howeve is a beautiful composition.
    Great job,
    Roberto
    Yes, this is metal in the piano sound is because of the production. This is played straight from Sibelius through GPO studio.

Thanks for your comments!
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

This is really good - so powerful.
    What did you use for the strings. I like this a lot.

Rgds.
    Mike.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast