• Register
  • Help

Topic: OK this new piece just saved my ....

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up OK this new piece just saved my ....

well, you know what.
    Furman SB1000 Power Supply, Uninteruptable presented by Full ...

I purchased this, hooked it up to my system. Why? Well, when the wife makes coffee and uses the toaster at the same time, she trips the main breaker! Never fails and it has happened too often to disregard. So, I did some searching and came up with this little one rack space baby. Now, just about all my digital gear is hooked up to it. Tonight without fail the coffee pot goes on and this time the iron! Bam! All the lights go out except me PC and a few other important devices still on and running nicely. I think I may buy another!
    Just thought some of you may be interested if you haven't already come across this sweet unit.
    Styxx

Re: OK this new piece just saved my ....

Not a good solution. If turning on a coffee pot is tripping what is at least a 15 amp line you need to take a good look at your power distribution - the circuit is overloaded. This is kind of like carrying "Fix A Flat" instead of patching the tire.

Ernie

I agree, and already have an electrician coming in to rectify the problem. Yet, it stays because in this area blackouts during the winter season happen at least twice a year. I would rather have a few minutes of time to power down properly than suffer any possibility of damage without it.
    Styxx

Actually, this is a good piece of hardware that everyone should have. They've saved our butts many times at work. I had one for home but never used it. Maybe its time to look at it again since I've got so much at stake in this PC.

Go Back to forum