• Register
  • Help

Topic: Atmosphere installation problems........

Share/Bookmark

Atmosphere installation problems........

I just bought Atmosphere yesterday. During the "data file joiner" phase of the installation, I get a message that says: disk error occurred. It then stops installing. So I uninstalled everything, and started over.....did it again on a different disk. There are 6 disks and I haven't made it to the 5th one yet. Any ideas?

Re: Atmosphere installation problems........

Quote Originally Posted by IHateRap
    I just bought Atmosphere yesterday. During the "data file joiner" phase of the installation, I get a message that says: disk error occurred. It then stops installing. So I uninstalled everything, and started over.....did it again on a different disk. There are 6 disks and I haven't made it to the 5th one yet. Any ideas?
    I'd hate to have your problem!
    Could be bad disk?
    Crappy player?
    Dirty disk?

Check real close for disk slop. I.E Fingerprints, scratches, Chip dip?

I'm having a similar problem. Anyone got any ideas?

Contact tech support.

Usually, making disc images and installing from those is a solution.

spectrum

This happened to me last night. I got a new G5 2.3 W tiger. Are you using a Mac? If you are got to spectrasonics website and D/L the joiner from there. Put it in your applications/Library/Audio/Plugins/Components folder and follow the directions. I hope this helps you....Although me Atmosphere still shows as uncompatible in Tiger on Logic 7 pro

I've had this happen myself (Win32 version) and the answer for me was to not multitask any whatsoever during the install. Don't even move the mouse unless necessary. Don't know why, but this certainly did allow me to finally get it installed.
    LeX

Angry Re: Atmosphere installation problems........

I too have had the same problems with Atmosphere installation using a PB and Tiger 10.4.1. I get a disk error message before I even get to install the contents of disc 1. Did you get any help from Spectrasonics?

me too...

I am receiving a checksum error message on installation from CD to my XP machine. I had already installed your product on a win98SE machine without any errors, and was planning on moving ATOMOSPHERE to my XP laptop so I could run the module via FX-Teleport, as well as take advantage of 1.2 updates that only an XP platform will allow me.

The error occured on disk 3, but when I tried to install it again a couple of more times, the error also occured on disk 2, and then on disk 1? It seems to happen at the end of processing from these CD's.

I tried to copy files to a local drive to install it from there instead of CD, but cannot get this workaround to work, as it still looks for disks in the CD ROM.

I have strong faith that the CD ROM and CD's are good. I disables virus protection scans, and enabled any CD ROM services. I am not sure if there might be some services here you might suggest to look for? Any ideas?

A also sent this message to Spectrasonics email...

I had a similar problem using Win XP (with a different product.) Fortunately, I have two DVD drives on my machine.... an older one which reads and only burns CDs and a DVD R/W. Turns out, in this case, the older drive couldn't handle the DVD..... I ran it in the newer drive and voila.
    Good luck sorting this out.

Take Care
    Never wrestle in the mud with a pig.
    You both get dirty and the pig likes it.

Well, they are supposed to send me a DVD version. I tried installing under XP using SAFE MODE, but it died on the 4th disk. It never failed at the same place twice.

Go Back to forum