• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cant' Capture!!!

Share/Bookmark

Cant' Capture!!!

Can't capture to wave. Sync to MIDI is on. Transmit Start/Continue/Stop is on in Sonar. Notes are sounding. NOT in Rewire mode. Did this successfully two days ago. Deadline NOW. What am I missing?? Please-even if you know NOTHING, be like me and take a stab. I really need help! Reply ASAP if you know zero to everything.

Belbin

Re: Cant' Capture!!!

Try turning off the sync to midi. I had to do this to finally get the audio captured, but then you will have to do something to crop off the early silence in the track. I used Sound Forge for this and the rest of the cleaning up and mastering I did to the song.

Tom

PS I was using Sonar 4 PE and Gigastudio 160 ver. 2.54

Tried it....no dice.
    The solution turned out to be using "start, never continue" in sonar project options-sync. That's actually a good thing, since the end of the sequence would tell giga to stop capture, effectively killing the recording of the convolution reverb tail....so having to tell giga to cease capture is handy. Weird that It worked with the regular old start/continue/stop very recently.....

Thanks for the help,
    Belbin

ps...successfully captured about 200 voices with 3 gigapulse instances. only catch: capture had to go to the few spare megs on my HP's "recovery disc". Thank god i have that. Soon I get a dedicated sample drive. Then-watch out!!

I always add a ghost note at the end. Then, when Sonar issues a stop command at the end of the sequence, the tails have been completed.

-JF

Eureka!! To anyone who has this kind of problem:

Make sure you start a new capture (don't reset) after changing any settings like "sync to midi". A reset capture recording seems to retain not only the same file name, bit depth, etc, but also the sync settings from when it was first made.

Hope this saves someone some of the pain I've felt lately.

Belbin

Go Back to forum