• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: American Suite - by Matthew Sargent

Share/Bookmark

American Suite - by Matthew Sargent

Matthew Sargent, one of our winners in the GPO Competition, has written another work

http://www.garritan.com/mp3/ms-Ameri...e-Mastered.mp3

Almost everything is is GPO (except a few percussion instruments).

Excellent work Matt. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Comments welcome.

Re: American Suite - by Matthew Sargent

Beautiful! The orchestration sounds great to my ears. Many nice melodies, textures, various timbres . . . great work! I really enjoy it!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Fine work once again, Matt!

Sometime you're going to have to clue me on how you get the percussion to behave so well.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thumbs up Re: American Suite - by Matthew Sargent

I love the natural leading of the melody and the fine light harmony that enhance the musical meaning supported by an equal light but effective instrumental fusion.

If what i wrote makes sense , anyway this is the music I like.

This is very nice. The melody and orchestration are beautiful. I really have no comments about the composition, aside from Bravo! It's a very enjoyable listen. The only suggestion I offer is a mixing one, being to lower the volume of the glock towards the beginning. My personal feeling about the high metal instruments like glock and triangle is they are akin the the bludger (sp?) ball in Harry Potter -- the crazy out-of-control one that will knock you out if you're not careful. Those high timbres will slice through a mix like an ice pick to the brain.

Maybe Sharon Stone should have used a glockenspiel, although perhaps not as sensual a concept as an ice pick.

Very pretty and pleasantly sparse in arrangement. Really nice dynamics all the way through as well. Well done!

Hello everyone!

I apologize greatly for not replying to all of you from the kind words you gave. I have never joined a Forum before, therefore I never understood how to work on one. Anyway, I hope all of you are well, please feel free to send any of you mp3's to my email address: MSargent3312@charter.net. I would love to hear some of your works! Thanks again for all the great compliments and thanks to Gary for posting this piece!

Warm Regards,

Matt

Hello everyone!

I apologize greatly for not replying to all of you from the kind words you gave. I have never joined a Forum before, therefore I never understood how to work on one. Anyway, I hope all of you are well, please feel free to send any of you mp3's to my email address: MSargent3312@charter.net. I would love to hear some of your works! Thanks again for all the great compliments and thanks to Gary for posting this piece!

Warm Regards,

Matt

Hello everyone!

Warm Regards,

Matt

Hello everyone!

Warm Regards,

Matt

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast