• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Film Score - "Deserted" on ACIDPlanet

Share/Bookmark

Smile UPDATED: "Deserted" to premier at Maui Film Festival

Hey gang - just wanted to do a quick posting of a link to some excepts from "Deserted", a short film by David Karlsberg. The scoring duties were split between Deane Ogden and myself, and I hope to have a link to a web version of the entire film available sometime in the future - so you can see and hear the entire work in context.

Until then, please feel free to check out the WMA and mp3s I've posted online at ACIDPlanet.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=354151&T=7430

I used quite a bit of GPO (strings and percussion - listen for the timpani roll in "We're in Trouble") and GOS strings (listen for the slides at the end of "We're in Trouble - the centerpiece of the entire film), as well as several instances of Virtual Guitarist, Broomstick Bass, tons of instruments and ethnic percussion from Ethnosphere, some XPhraze, Arturia's fabulous CS-80V and of course BelaDMedia's gorgeous DIVA. I also used a Concert Hall impulse from Garritan (which came with GOS) convolved through Voxengo's Pristine Space, with everything getting a last-minute massage through iZotope's Ozone.

Comments and questions are always welcome.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Film Score - "Deserted" on ACIDPlanet

I can hear one whole lotta work went into this... very, very well done.

"We're In Trouble" I particularly admired -- an interesting, moving piece... beautifully managed on pacing with just the right degree of restraint.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I can hear one whole lotta work went into this... very, very well done.

"We're In Trouble" I particularly admired -- an interesting, moving piece... beautifully managed on pacing with just the right degree of restraint.
    Thanks - that's a fantastic read on the cue - especially for not having seen the video that goes with it...

The entire idea was to start with harmonic/melodic music, and have it kind of degenerate into a more tribal feel as the film progressed. We did a surround mix of this at a studio in Korea Town and it came out really well. I'm anxious to get into ToddAO and see it all come together with color-corrected video, FX and all of the other elements.

Very Good Houston!!,
    As allways your mixes are simple "Excelent".

Congrats.

D.M
    "God is Love"

Thumbs up Re: Film Score - "Deserted" on ACIDPlanet

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    Thanks - that's a fantastic read on the cue - especially for not having seen the video that goes with it...

The entire idea was to start with harmonic/melodic music, and have it kind of degenerate into a more tribal feel as the film progressed. We did a surround mix of this at a studio in Korea Town and it came out really well. I'm anxious to get into ToddAO and see it all come together with color-corrected video, FX and all of the other elements.
    Yes Houston, I can believe you are anxious. The final cut will be terrific.

Hey folks - I just received final confirmation that Deserted will have its premier at the Maui Film Festival, June 15-19. Thanks to everyone who provided positive feedback.

As an aside, I posted anther thread HERE detailing another film score I completed for "Spaghetti vs. Noodles", which is screening right now at the Cannes Film Festival. Some excepts from that score are also included on the same ACIDPlanet page.

Hey folks - I just received final confirmation that Deserted will have its premier at the Maui Film Festival, June 15-19. Thanks to everyone who provided positive feedback.

As an aside, I posted anther thread HERE detailing another film score I completed for "Spaghetti vs. Noodles", which is screening right now at the Cannes Film Festival. Some excepts from that score are also included on the same ACIDPlanet page.
    Congratulations Houston!

Hope you're going to Maui for the premiere!

And did congratulations for "Spaghetti vs. Noodles".

Gary Garritan

Looking forward to viewing the film. . . and hearing the music to the film.

Nice work, both compositionally and with the sequencing.

I recognized the Virutal Guitarist work (acoustic guitars in the first piece). I've used that particular "sound" for a couple of my projects as well. Works just fine!

Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to hearing more of your work!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Thumbs up Re: Film Score - "Deserted" on ACIDPlanet

Just a quick update everyone - I just found out that "Deserted" will premier on opening night of the festival. It's part of the "short film showcase" that they set up to get things started. Deane Ogden and I are really pleased with the way the film turned out - but even this was a surprise.

Congratulations Houston!

How did the premiere go?

Gary Garritan

Just a quick update everyone - I just found out that "Deserted" will premier on opening night of the festival. It's part of the "short film showcase" that they set up to get things started. Deane Ogden and I are really pleased with the way the film turned out - but even this was a surprise.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast