• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO upgrade download

Share/Bookmark

GPO upgrade download

I'm a brand-new GPO owner and in the process of installing.
    I understand that the GPO upgrade is actually embedded in the Kontakt player update that has to be downloaded from Native Instruments.
    They seem to require an authorization key in order to do that, and at the moment their online registration is offline.

Here's my practical problem. I have a high-speed line to download at work but a creaky dialup at home. I obviously want to download here, since it's 15 mb. Must I install the Kontakt version that came with the GPO delivery first in order to get the profile that it generates, and then get online here with that information to register, or do I call these people by phone (since their online registration is not working just now) or what?

Thanks!
    Graham

Re: GPO upgrade download

I first installed GPO from the box and then registered in NI. I had some problems too with their server, but at last I got the registration. Then I downloaded and installed the update and worked fine.

I believe that as long as you are registered on the site, you can download from another computer. I also have dial-up and I usually download all my updates for all of my software on my neighbor's computer and save to CD. I don't recall exactly how I got my GPO upgrade, but it's likely that's how I did it.

Enjoy the upgrade - it really is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by loogoo
    I believe that as long as you are registered on the site, you can download from another computer. I also have dial-up and I usually download all my updates for all of my software on my neighbor's computer and save to CD. I don't recall exactly how I got my GPO upgrade, but it's likely that's how I did it.

Enjoy the upgrade - it really is worth it.

Thanks! It looks like NI's online registration is working, and I hope to be downloading the upgrade this weekend!

Graham

Go Back to forum