• Register
  • Help

Topic: send Demo CD track names to CDDB?

Share/Bookmark

send Demo CD track names to CDDB?

can anyone confirm or deny that it's possible to submit the track names for a demo CD that i have burned to the CDDB, so that they will display on another computer when that CD is inserted?

i've been told that this is possible with iTunes, but i haven't gotten it to work yet. the track names are visible on the computer that i entered them on, but not on any other computer that i have tried. iTunes says the CD can't be found in the CDDB. enough time has elapsed, that the CDDB should have digested the info.

any tips on how to make this happen will be appreciated.

thanks!
    john
    John DeBorde

Composer of Music for Film, TV and Interactive Media

Re: send Demo CD track names to CDDB?

John, it sounds like you're doing everything right. I do this all the time (since my demos keep changing) and it works fine for me.

Perhaps CDDB was having a slow day the last time your tried it?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I have a similar problem. I burn my cds with Nero, and I write the track names, artist, etc. When I read in my CD Player (not computer) the names are displayed ok, but in my windows media player never works. Does anybody knows what I have to do?
    Thanks in advance
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

thanks Kays.

at the risk of being obnoxiously dense, have you ever checked one of these CDs on a computer other than the one you submitted the info from?

the info shows up fine on my main computer, but when i check from my laptop i get a "this CD can't be found in the CDDB" type message.

argh,
    john
    John DeBorde

I know this may sound stupid, but in itunes, there's an option under the advanced pulldown menu to submit track names. Did you do this? It should work.

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    I know this may sound stupid, but in itunes, there's an option under the advanced pulldown menu to submit track names. Did you do this? It should work.
    yes i did. and i received the confirmation dialogue that the info had been sent.

thanks anyway tho. have you confirmed the info is accessible from a different computer than the one you entered it on by any chance?

part of the reason i'm so persistent with this question is there is a statement in iTunes help that says:

"Do not submit information for custom CDs that you've created because others won't be able to use it."

although the gracenote FAQ seems to say that it should work:

http://www.gracenote.com/corporate/F...et=subs/page=5

chasing down this sorta problem is the kinda thing that has me going "where the heck did that day go?!?".

cheers,
    john
    John DeBorde

OK- i just want to confirm that this works.

it just took a long time for the database to update (24-48hrs) and show the info i had submitted.

thanks everyone!

/john
    John DeBorde

Worked ok with iTunes...

Go Back to forum