• Register
  • Help

Topic: It's getting to me again...

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy It's getting to me again...

It's the first night of set up for the musical. The local press was in for interview and pictures of the cast in costume. Interviews were taken of staff and helpers alike. The sets were under adjustments and construction while the stage crew began to string the back drops. I was with pen and script with the director and choreographer for most of the evening (until someone special called).
    Then, it started to hit me ... this is what we worked so hard all year for. The stage is beginning to look like a fantasy. The sounds testing of the house system and the discussions between us all. Lighting crew hanging and setting scenes. Tickets being sold as we work. Music playing for acoustic settings and adjustments. Then, the house dims and only one spot shines center stage. Damn, I'm going to miss all of this ...
    15 years as a musical director! Ha, I think I'll bother Gary for a while and continue to learn piano!
    Styxx

Re: It's getting to me again...

Styxx

You're creative and intelligent and I'm sure that your next phase of activity will be just as impressive, if not more so. That said I know it can take a quite a while to reorient yourself. I've had similar changes.

Anyway, I'm sure you've seen many strange and interesting things in your career. What sort of things have you found most surprising?

Chet

Re: It's getting to me again...

Anyway, I'm sure you've seen many strange and interesting things in your career. What sort of things have you found most surprising?
    Hmm, good question ... where do I begin ..........
    Styxx

Go Back to forum