• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GPO Advanced to Feature ProjectSAM Samples

Share/Bookmark

GPO Advanced to Feature ProjectSAM Samples

I am pleased to announce that GPO Advanced will feature brass instruments from the ProjectSAM libraries. Included in GPO Advanced will be brass samples from SAM Horns, SAM Trumpets, SAM Trombone and Solo Sessions Brass.

ProjectSAM and Garritan Libraries share many common goals and visions. ProjectSAM has pioneered many sampling concepts, introduced innovations and made orchestral sampling affordable to many musicians. The ProjectSAM Libraries have won numerous awards, are used world-wide by industry leading composers, and have become an industry standard. Many thanks to Maarten Spruijt and Vincent Beijer for their vision..

In addition to the ProjectSAM Brass, GPO Advanced will offer many new instruments and techiques, including instruments recorded at Benaroya Hall in Seattle.

"I hope this marks a new trend where sample developers will work together and produce products together" says Gary Garritan. "There is much talent in the sample industry and great things can happen when sample developers cooperate."

ProjectSAM is based in Utrecht, The Netherlands, and was founded by a few very talented people - composer Maarten Spruijt, singer-songwriter Vincent Beijer and composer-arranger Marco Deegenaars.

It is an honor to work together with ProjectSAM.

Gary Garritan

Re: GPO Advanced to Feature ProjectSAM Samples

Ack. I'm out a the loop, here... or, more accurately, I haven't fallen into it yet.

Can somebody update an old fart on ProjectSAM and the implications thereof?

Many thanks.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Project SAM is a producer of orchestral brass (and more recently, percussive) libraries that are considered by many to be the absolute best - better than ANY other library for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by zircon_st
    Project SAM is a producer of orchestral brass (and more recently, percussive) libraries that are considered by many to be the absolute best - better than ANY other library for that purpose.
    I'm listening to some of the demos now -- holy cow!

http://projectsam.com/musicdemos.html

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    I'm listening to some of the demos now -- holy cow!

http://projectsam.com/musicdemos.html

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    WAGNER, HERE I COME...

etLux

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I am pleased to announce that GPO Advanced will feature brass instruments from the ProjectSAM libraries. Included in GPO Advanced will be brass samples from SAM Horns, SAM Trumpets, SAM Trombone and Solo Sessions Brass.

ProjectSAM and Garritan Libraries share many common goals and visions. ProjectSAM has pioneered many sampling concepts, introduced innovations and made orchestral sampling affordable to many musicians. The ProjectSAM Libraries have won numerous awards, are used world-wide by industry leading composers, and have become an industry standard. Many thanks to Maarten Spruijt and Vincent Beijer for their vision..

In addition to the ProjectSAM Brass, GPO Advanced will offer many new instruments and techiques, including instruments recorded at Benaroya Hall in Seattle.

"I hope this marks a new trend where sample developers will work together and produce products together" says Gary Garritan. "There is much talent in the sample industry and great things can happen when sample developers cooperate."

ProjectSAM is based in Utrecht, The Netherlands, and was founded by a few very talented people - composer Maarten Spruijt, singer-songwriter Vincent Beijer and composer-arranger Marco Deegenaars.

It is an honor to work together with ProjectSAM.

Gary Garritan
    Well this is an exciting development!
    Is it at all possible to get any information (however vague it may be) at this time as to how much of these SAM libraries will be in Advanced?

Amazing stuff Gary. Now if only you would convert to GS3!

That is great news Gary. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of GPO Advanced!!

Wagner? Nah, I'm thinking more on the lines of Richard Strauss!

Mmmmm...
    Strauss!

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Wow, as if GPO Advanced wasn't already a must have library. This is great news!
    Tim

Wow! It just keeps getting better! If this comes with a home-makeover and a new car, it wouldn't surprise me. Drooling in anticipation...

Quote Originally Posted by awpmusic
    any word on when GPO Advanced will be available - and at what cost - so I can start saving my pocket money?
    Probably end of summer, or early fall. That is the current timeframe I have been told. But that is subject to change (and probably will - it WAS supposed to be released 2nd quarter this year, but that won't happen because they just added more instruments to it.) I am all for waiting though. It is gonna be a a killer library to have.

pricing as was told from NAMM was going to be $499. Here is the original announcement: i am sure things have changed a bit. Not sure about the price.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=30231

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum