• Register
  • Help

Topic: runtime error...?

Share/Bookmark

runtime error...?

Is it normal to get a runtime error and giga-crash when building a quicksoundDB from gigs on two drives? I know one for samples and one for system is the way to go for performance, but I figured I'd try it out while waiting to see if the new drive worked ok. Is this something that is known to not work?

System/Software/Gigs/Everything else: Samsung 120 gig, 7200 rpm SATA
    Just Gigs: Western Digital 80gig 7200 rpm IDE....HP DVDRW set as slave. I know, I know: Don't do that....

It works fine when I scan just the gig drive. Haven't tried the old drive only since I got the new one going, but it was fine before as my only HD. Problem is when I try to scan both.

This is not a big problem, as I will soon migrate entirely to gigs on my new HD, but can anyone shed any light?

Thanks,
    Belbin

Re: runtime error...?

I can't understand why you are getting this error.
    Last year I built a quicksoundDB from three separate directories on three different hard drives with no error.

I seem to recall some ppl had problems doing a 'recursive' search and had to change it to 'local'.

Try to scan each drive separately.
    If it is your old drive not working, then try to narrow it down directory by directory to find the offending file or directory.

Well, Before I had K:\ (my second HD-don't ask) set as a "folder" for QS to look in.
    Just now I actually told QS to look in K:/Gigs, and it worked just fine. I guess a specifying a drive in the "look in these folders" area ain't smart. That seemed to fix it up.

Thanks, Meroveus. Your Local/Recursive suggestion was the tipoff.

Belbin

Glad you got it working.

Go Back to forum