• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My "My First GPO"

Share/Bookmark

My "My First GPO"

Well, after some weeks sneaking in the forums and fighting with GPO, sequencers, DAWs... I'm ready to post my first GPO work. I should say "try" instead of "work". I really need a lot of training in GPO and mixing. Anyway, here we go:

Tirnwood Vale

(This is part of some fantasy game music I'm doing)

BTW: greetings to all forum members and GPO users

Thumbs up Re: My "My First GPO"

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolano
    Well, after some weeks sneaking in the forums and fighting with GPO, sequencers, DAWs... I'm ready to post my first GPO work. I should say "try" instead of "work". I really need a lot of training in GPO and mixing. Anyway, here we go:

Tirnwood Vale

(This is part of some fantasy game music I'm doing)

BTW: greetings to all forum members and GPO users
    Hello Coriolano,
    you have done a good piece of music. It is really a good fantasy.
    Well done in particular if you will use this for a game.
    Just one thing if I can permit.
    When you put in action the violins at 00:47, you could make them sound better, just less synthetic. In this way the composition will sound really good.

Don't worry whether this is your fisrt GPO the second an third and so on... will be surely better and better and better ...
    Best of luck for your compositions!

Roberto

Re: My "My First GPO"

Hi there. I think this is great especially if it's your first piece. Lot's of instruments in there. Really good.

Regards.
    Mike.

Very Nice, use of Colours!!

Muy Bueno tío, ta mu Xulo...,!

Diego.
    "God is Love"

Coriolano,

Very vivid fantasy music! I enjoyed "Tirnwood Vale" very much. The music made we want to go into another world and I was yearning for my gaming console when listening .

If this is your first "try" with GPO, I cannot wait to hear more of your music.

thanks for posting this.

Gary Garritan

Sounds great to me....very atmospheric and would certainly work very well on some cut-scene in a game. Invokes a pastoral scene to my ears, hope thats what you had it mind. Looking forward to hearing more.

Some darned fine coloristic writing!

I think I'd be tempted to use a bigger room with this -- but I've been hollered at before for getting heavy-handed with the reverb... lol.

This sort of "atmospherics" is a difficult kind of writing to do well and effectively, Coriolano. I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to much more from you.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks all for your encouragement even knowing that there are many to things to be fixed in this track. Anyway I'm too lazy to mix it again. So I hope to show some improvements in my next track.

hey...that's a nice one! hopeless romantic!

the technical execution is not yet 100% but in terms of composition this tune did definitely reach me.

I understand your rejection to optimize it...hehe...when I'm done with a tune i also can't work anymore on it. except for if there are too obvious mistakes/issues in it.

looking forward to the next one...

Fantastic cinematic orchestration! Very well done, I enjoyed this very much and look forward to more of your work. The orchestration sounded very professional.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast