• Register
  • Help

Topic: Funky Protools menus problem

Share/Bookmark

Funky Protools menus problem

I am a new GPO user, but a long time PT TDM user. I have a problem and a question:

1. Problem:
    When instatiate a GPO Kontakt player as an RTAS plugin, all the channel related menus in PT (such as display (notes, volume, ...) as well as the inserts, sends and routing menus, have a red rectangular box labeled "attack" preceding each of the menu items. I am on OSX.3.8 using PT6.9TDM on a dual 1.8GHz with 1.2GB RAM.

2. Question:
    Is it possible to have a mono player? When I want a trumpet in a pop song I don't typically want it to be stereo.

Thanks
    Steve

Re: Funky Protools menus problem

Quote Originally Posted by sdevino
    Is it possible to have a mono player? When I want a trumpet in a pop song I don't typically want it to be stereo.

Thanks
    Steve
    Hi, many of the instruments in GPO are stereo like the Steinway Grand piano and alot of the percussion instruments, while most of the wind instruments and solo instruments are actually mono. The Kontakt player has the pan set as a default setting to aid in the process of basic mixing, however, you could set the pan in the Kontakt player to center, and print it to a mono audio track. The trumpet for instance can then be panned with Pro Tools anywhere you like.

I hope that helps to answer at least your second question!

dpDan

In ProTools Le, when I create a mono aux track, I choose the mono GPO from the plugin list. When I use a stereo aux track, choose the stereo GPO.

When using the mono, I can still control the panning in PT.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    In ProTools Le, when I create a mono aux track, I choose the mono GPO from the plugin list. When I use a stereo aux track, choose the stereo GPO.

When using the mono, I can still control the panning in PT.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff, but there is no GPO in the plugin list on mono aux tracks in 6.9 TDM.

Go Back to forum