• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I THOUGHT I WAS GOING MAD.......

Share/Bookmark

I THOUGHT I WAS GOING MAD.......

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Just flicking through the forums of sample developer's I notice that the EWQL forum has gone!!!

This is extremely disappointing to me as it was great to have one site where you could see the latest on most major developers. There seems to have been a fall out where the owners of this site aren't even leaving the EWQL (very useful to us punters) archive with all that valuable information.

If that is the plan then I think it is absolutely shocking decision and says something (unprintable) about the adversaries involved. If the archive isn't reinstated it's a very poor reflection on the site owners and shows no regard or consideration for us users.

We should not be deprived of this as most of the input was by us for us.

I would think that rules that make a developer like EWQL leave will be making others think about it....an ominous development as NS will have lost EWQL financial support. This doesn't bode well for the continuation of NS. I even noticed that NS dropped the free GS samples including the CP80, not so long ago,....I guess this was a pointer to changes in the mood of the site owners

I suppose the original 'glue' that held it all together was GigaStudio. I guess it's lost some of it's grip.......

Still I've been around long enough to have seen all this sort of stuff before....I'm afraid that's life....nothing surprises me anymore......

Frank

Re: I THOUGHT I WAS GOING MAD.......

yeah, it was also deleted the salute post by EWQLSO chief Doug Rogers. (ANOTHER DELETION!!!!!!!)

and this thread is about to be deleted in some minutes.

No respect for us.

Luca

Luca, maybe we'll get banned as well for daring to comment!

Frank

perhaps the archive could be transfered to the new EWQL forum? Oh and what did the salute say luca?

sorry to say that again but this forum lost a lot of character since there were so many posts and members deleted and banned.

however, a forum where you can't speak free and post your opinion about topics and themes is kinda useless.

it also kinda reminds me of processes which has been used in history all the times. deleting and erasing could help to avoid people from seeing/reading or hearing something, but it also cuts the peoples freedom and isn't really the best decision, because sooner or later it is getting out of control!

i think SO did the right step...

Now I seriously think that there is something wrong going in the head of the owners of this site. The last post of doug was not supposed to be deleted - he said that EWQL will still be supporting the site thru ad banners etc and hope that archive will be left undeleted...

This looks and sounds like THE act of vandalism.

Bad show

ck

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Perhaps there is just work underway to create an archive space for the forum. Sometimes those kinds of things take a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A. Richardson
    Perhaps there is just work underway to create an archive space for the forum. Sometimes those kinds of things take a little time.
    Bruce,

Sometimes they take a very long time.....let's see.......

Frank

PS I can't believe NS would destroy the archive.....that would be willful vindictiveness. It would be a bit like the Taliban (was it?) destroying that 'n' thousand year old religious monument (cut out of a mountainside) in a middle eastern desert a few years ago. That was an example of the worth of religion that is burnt deep into my synapses.

many posts unavailable is one thing, no statement to let everybody know when (if ever) they will be reinstated is another.

so... anyone knows where I can find the 'unofficial' guide to the EWQLSO?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast