• Register
  • Help

Topic: I Thought I Was Going Mad....

Share/Bookmark

I Thought I Was Going Mad....

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Just flicking through the forums of sample developer's I notice that the EWQL forum has gone!!!

This is extremely disappointing to me as it was great to have one site where you could see the latest on most major developers. There seems to have been a fall out where the owners of this site aren't even leaving the EWQL (very useful to us punters) archive with all that valuable information.

If that is the plan then I think it is absolutely shocking decision and says something (unprintable) about the adversaries involved. If the archive isn't reinstated it's a very poor reflection on the site owners and shows no regard or consideration for us users.

We should not be deprived of this as most of the input was by us for us.

I would think that rules that make a developer like EWQL leave will be making others think about it....an ominous development as NS will have lost EWQL financial support. This doesn't bode well for the continuation of NS. I even noticed that NS dropped the free GS samples including the CP80, not so long ago,....I guess this was a pointer to changes in the mood of the site owners

Still I've been around long enough to have seen all this sort of stuff before....I'm afraid that's life....nothing surprises me anymore......allegedly Doug Rogers' farewell post was deleted too.....

Frank

Cool Re: I THOUGHT I WAS GOING MAD....

Well, you do know that they've simply moved.

According to a slightly "veiled" posting by D. Rogers, they were not happy with a "rule change" on NS and decided it was time for them to host "their own thing". (I've not seen any clarification here or there about what that "rule change" was, mind you, so who knows if that is just a cover-up.)

A lot of folks on the re-situated Forum there are upset about losing the years of searchable archives. Amazing that at the stroke of 12:01 on May 1 the Forum was totally deleted. (I guess they only paid their bill through April 40 as announced.)

Life goes on ... KevinKauai

Re: I THOUGHT I WAS GOING MAD....

There has been alot of mud-slinging from both sides on this topic. Who really knows what is going on or who is to blame? I sure don't.

More than anything it sounds to me like EWQL outgrew the limitations of this forum. You also have to admit, it is pretty unique to have ONE forum where competing products exsist.

There are bound to be problems and complications, and I think we have just beared witness to it.

Paul

Paul, The funny thing is that I was totally unaware of any rumblings! I went to look for the EWQL site today (after visiting the GPO one first, of course) in the normal way this morning (rather than doing the things I should be doing! ) and was confused when I couldn't find it. I did know that EWQL had there own forum but had never been there until today. I still haven't registered there.

I hope that this isn't the beginning of the end for the multi-developer forum, as we know it, but I suspect it is. As you say I guess it can get a bit awkward at times.

I suppose the original 'glue' that held it all together was GigaStudio. I guess it's lost some of it's grip.......

Frank

interesting all this, well I know nothing about this topic, all I can say is that I discovered these forums in january and I was amazed from the beginning to see the competing products sharing the same location, I found it great, ideal and inspiring and yet incredible, surprising, amazing and maybe even fragile
    best
    Jav

They can make the rules, and we can make the music!

Ok, it is sad that EWQL is no longer here, but it is not our business to know why. I totally understand Franks points, but this might have been due to a misunderstanding, or a policy change that the folks at EWQL just did not like. It is also possible that one side was trying to throw their weight around, that happens alot in the business world.

Let's be glad that we are not reading about a company going out of business.

Let's continue to give back all we can to this community, and give our blessings to EWQL and wish them all the best in their new forum! It's the best thing to do at this point.
    Don't forget to uphold the folks here at NS, since this may not have been an easy decision to make for either side.

just my 2 cents

dpDan

Re: I Thought I Was Going Mad....

It would have been nice if they sent out an email or something letting us know where the new forum is... I only have one of their libraries (Stormdrum) but it would be nice to know where to go for support.

Thud, It is probably best to check with East West.

Hardy please do not spamm our board thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Just flicking through the forums of sample developer's I notice that the EWQL forum has gone!!!

This is extremely disappointing to me as it was great to have one site where you could see the latest on most major developers. There seems to have been a fall out where the owners of this site aren't even leaving the EWQL (very useful to us punters) archive with all that valuable information.

If that is the plan then I think it is absolutely shocking decision and says something (unprintable) about the adversaries involved. If the archive isn't reinstated it's a very poor reflection on the site owners and shows no regard or consideration for us users.

We should not be deprived of this as most of the input was by us for us.

I would think that rules that make a developer like EWQL leave will be making others think about it....an ominous development as NS will have lost EWQL financial support. This doesn't bode well for the continuation of NS. I even noticed that NS dropped the free GS samples including the CP80, not so long ago,....I guess this was a pointer to changes in the mood of the site owners

Still I've been around long enough to have seen all this sort of stuff before....I'm afraid that's life....nothing surprises me anymore......allegedly Doug Rogers' farewell post was deleted too.....

Frank

Go Back to forum