• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Update Keyswitches--Correct?-- Update to the Update?

Share/Bookmark

GPO Update Keyswitches--Correct?-- Update to the Update?

I am working with the GPO update. I keep finding anomalies? Are these just me or are they in the program. For example:

1. Solo strings, such as violins, cellos, etc. don't show the right notes on the keyboard for keyswitches... that is, the first C in the row of keyswitches is not yellow... and in the Solo Cello 3 the F does not give Piccicato (in fact none of the keyswitches give Piccicato in Cello 3.

2. Solo Cello 3 doesn't have a C keyswitch (while other strings do keyswitch on C, but they just don't have the key as yellow).

These are two examples of the things I mean. Is this me and my computer, or is this universal. Is there an update/fix to the upate.

Finally, is the VSTi plug-In suppose to have the "next/previous instrument" options on the Load Button... or is this only in for the Stand-Alone (Studio) player?

Thank you.

Re: GPO Update Keyswitches--Correct?-- Update to the Update?

I experienced similiar problems as the ones you described above with the update. Certain keyswitches weren't yellow but worked, the blue instrument ranges were abnormal but the instrument still functioned normally.

I did a fresh re-install of the entire GPO package. It cleaned everything up and even extended the piccolo range up two notes (from Bb to C).

If you're new to GPO and haven't gotten it settled yet, I would recomend the reinstall. If your setteled in with it I wouldn't recomend it because the old GPO studio files won't work right and I'm not sure about old sequencer files with the VSTi or DXi.

So that's what I did.

Good luck!

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JackB
    These are two examples of the things I mean. Is this me and my computer, or is this universal. Is there an update/fix to the upate.

Finally, is the VSTi plug-In suppose to have the "next/previous instrument" options on the Load Button... or is this only in for the Stand-Alone (Studio) player?
    That last little piece of info tells me that the update of the player was not successful (yes, the "next/previous" arrows should be present on a successful update). This is most likely the result of the updated "PersonalOrchestra.dll" file not having been installed in the particular VST plugins folder that your sequencer is accessing. Most sequencer programs install with their own VST plugins folder rather than using a common VST plugins folder for all programs on your computer. This can lead to problems with the GPO installation if the .dll file is not written to all VST plugin folders. I had that problem on my computer until I created a common folder for VST plugins and pointed all programs to the same location. That way, when I do an update there is no confusion about the location of the active .dll files.

Another approach is to manually copy the updated .dll file to each of the VST folders in your system. Do a Windows search on "VST plugins" and you should locate all of the relevant folders. If you are uncertain about where the updated .dll file was installed I would suggest doing a re-install of the update and pay attention to the folder path used in the install. That will tell you where to look for the updated file. Copy the updated file to all other VST plugin folders on your computer. During the install process the NI installer can do a search for multiple folders but, unfortunately, it has a very small limit to the number of folders it will allow you to select (my system was way over the limit, so all folders were not updated automatically.) Anyway, once the files are placed in the necessary locations you should see the VST plugin with the load button arrows and the keyswitches should display properly.

Tom

Thank you to both of you.

I did have an older version of the dll that Cubase was using.

I tried to just replace this, but the keyswitches still weren't right.

Therefore, I uninstalled the whole library and programs, and deleted all Garritan.

I then reinstalled, being careful to put the dll in the same place with the original install and then the update. All works fine!

Again, thank you. Perhaps the update documentation should contain a note that it is important to get the VST dll in the same location as the old one was and/or get rid of the older versions before updating.

Go Back to forum