• Register
  • Help

Topic: Doom³ Music Article

Doom³ Music Article

I don't know if this is something you'd all care about or not, but I just recently completed an article for Music4Games.net discussing the music of Doom³ at some length. We'd originally intended that the article's publication would coincide with the release of the XBox version, but that just wasn't possible.

At any rate, it's here:

Re: Doom³ Music Article

Ed - thanks for the link. Looks like it is a great article - I'll read it later today! Cheers.

Smile Re: Doom³ Music Article

thanks for the link Ed

very interesting the concept of antimusic

Great article Ed - so good to hear the concept of antimusic given a name! I've been trying to achieve a similar thing in stage-theatre production for some time (using abstract ambiences in greek tragedy as a "virual actor" o stage rather than just traditional onstage/offstage music). Some directors are up for it, some are not.

Alas I have yet to hear the score for DoomIII (my vga card's not up to it!) but games like HalfLife and Trent Reznor's fantastic original score for Quake are seminal moments in thinking of how sound works in giving a total-immersive experience.

Long live the revolution!

Soundtracks for Theatre, Dance & Film

Thumbs up Re: Doom³ Music Article

Great stuff Ed, very informative and interesting article.

Thumbs up Re: Doom³ Music Article

Hey Ed, great read! I enjoyed it almost as much as our interview.

Do you have any projects nearing release that you can talk about? I'd love to see you get Doom 4 or the next Silent Hill installment...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thanks for reading guys. I appreciate the positive feedback.

Alan, to answer your question, yeah, in the byline I mention my next project. "Prey" was just announced, developed by Human Head, where I'm working inhouse now, produced by 3DRealms and published by 2KGames. This month's PC Gamer features us on the cover. I'll tell ya, from a music perspective, this game's fun as hell to work on. Expect some M4G articles on it soon.

Thanks again guys.

Prey! Hey, is this the same project they started years and years ago but dropped?
    Brain Edwards

Sure is. More to come following E3.
    You know what I blame this on the downfall of? Society.

Go Back to forum