• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two tunes featuring GPO - feedback appreciated.

Share/Bookmark

Two tunes featuring GPO - feedback appreciated.

Hello,

Here are two tunes featuring GPO.

The first one is a jazzy waltz featuring one acoustic guitar, one jazz guitar and the GPO steinway. It is called "Valse pour Anouk".

The second one is a "new age" tune called "Sirène" featuring the following GPO instruments:
    - harp.
    - cello.
    - oboe (I would have prefered a soprano sax, but Garritan Big Band is not there yet!).
    - flute.

You can find them at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/pi...rochemusic.htm

I will thank any feedback on these two tunes.
    Pierre Laroche

Unhappy Re: Two tunes featuring GPO - feedback appreciated.

Hello,

I have been a little bit unpatient posting this thread. The two songs have not been cleared yet by soundclick, they will be available for download in one day or two.

Thanks
    Pierre Laroche

Re: Two tunes featuring GPO - feedback appreciated.

Hello,

The two songs are now available for download.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.
    Pierre Laroche

Very well done, Pierre.

The Valse succeeds nicely, especially at the rather tricky matter of getting the piano and guitars to blend well into what sounds authentically like a rather intimate room.

Sirène -- that ostinato-like use of cello to unify the piece and hold it together is well thought out; and the interplay of the instruments... very nice, with nearly a Jazz feel to some of the dialogues.

The only suggestion I might have is one toward mixing. I think perhaps, were it me, I might consider backing off the cello a bit in places; make it less prominent at some points, bring it back up a bit at others, etc.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

etLux,

Thank you for the nice words.

I think you are right about that cello in Sirene. I will try to rework it when I have time to do it. And you are right about its ostinato-like unifying role, it represents for me the sea waves.
    Pierre Laroche

Hello Pierre.

Track one - very nice easy feel to it, really like this one.

Track two - see what you mean about the waves but I agree with the point that there should be a litlle more light and dark in there. Great work with the oboe - I like the slur effect.
    Look forward to hearing your other works.

Best regards.
    Mike.

Red face Re: Two tunes featuring GPO - feedback appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mykyndryd
    Hello Pierre.

Track one - very nice easy feel to it, really like this one.

Track two - see what you mean about the waves but I agree with the point that there should be a litlle more light and dark in there. Great work with the oboe - I like the slur effect.
    Look forward to hearing your other works.

Best regards.
    Mike.
    Mike,

Thank you for your comments. I definitely have something to do to make the second track better.

I will post other works as soon as I have something ready. Unfortunately, I am rather slow at composing and it might take some time !
    Pierre Laroche

Go Back to forum