• Register
  • Help

Topic: need help conecting controller...

Share/Bookmark

need help conecting controller...

I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas on how to make my Keyboard (older one Roland Xp 60) be recognized in win xp or in giga. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, My other keyboard works because it uses a USB and came with drivers, but just using the other controller and the midi cables my computer will not detect a signal or anything. Any ideas? Thanks!

Seth
    I do not regret the things I've done, but those I was unable to do.

Re: need help conecting controller...

What sort of MIDI In port do you have on the computer?

hi Bill, The input on the computer is using an Echo Mia Midi card. I'm pretty sure that it is just some sort of routing problem. My USB keyboard works fine and I can just play the keyboard and it will play if i use 1/4 inch jack from keyboard to the inputs on the mia card. However I can not figure a way for the computer to recognize the keyboard to use it for programs such as giga studio or Kompact players such as the EWQL Gold.

Are you saying then, that the Mia MIDI port doesn't show up in Giga?

I don't have a Mia, so can't comment on what sort of configuration is required. There's a untility called MIDI-OX that can be very helpful for trouble shooting. It will show all active MIDI ports, and what data is comming in through them. It's a free download: http://www.midiox.com/

Hi žeth,

Giga can connect to your MIA MIDI card directly, as can Sonar and Cubase. There's no need for ModiOx. In GS3, go to the File Menu | System Settings. Select the Hardware tab. Go to port 1 and select MIA MIDI from the drop down selection box. Connect the MIDI cable from your keyboard's MIDI output to the MIA MIDI's MIDI input. That should get you going!

-JF

always the simple things. I don't know why when I first got my keyboard and my first cakewalk software it came with a midi cable with both input and out put on it on both sides... Me not having any computer or mechanical skills back then could not figure out how to get it to work. Take into effect that since that day I always thought I needed 2 midi cables and the ones I had were broke. Aah I can feel the laughter now, if only they saw what was before me. I'm an idiot and figured out took me a freaking year though I'm dorkus, I only needed one cable plugged in not both. HAHAHA thanks guys for trying to help out. I can build a super computer faster than the one at norad, but ask me to rout my keyboard and sequencer and I'm like drrrr. HAHA any rate lesson learned! Now maybe I can get some music actually recorded now!

Go Back to forum