• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sage Converter

Share/Bookmark

Sage Converter

OK, quick question that wasn't fully addressed in the tutorial.

I imported 2 rex files...but now I want to import like 10 more...all in the same folder. (remixing a song...lets call it "remix")

So, should I just delete the first folder:
    D:\Spectrasonics\SAGE\SAGE Libraries\User Libraries\Converted REX Files\remix

and re-convert all the files again?

or can I import the additional files into the same 'remix' folder as I did the first 2 rex files?

I guess I'm asking if it's alright to delete imported rex folders. Will the plug-in see that they're gone when it restarts and just forget about them? I know you're not supposed to change elements....so what's the best way?

Let forget about adding rex files...let just say I want to get rid of a converted folder. What the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Sage Converter

As far as I know you can move, delete, rename or do whatever you want to the files once they are converted.

You know where they are already....so you can arrange your libraries in any way you want!
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by midphase
    As far as I know you can move, delete, rename or do whatever you want to the files once they are converted.

You know where they are already....so you can arrange your libraries in any way you want!
    No, that's incorrect and can cause soem major problems.

Elements CANNOT be reorganized on your desktop. (Although Suites and Libraries can)

The Sage converter tutorial covers this and it's pretty important.

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by djmoose
    OK, quick question that wasn't fully addressed in the tutorial.

I imported 2 rex files...but now I want to import like 10 more...all in the same folder. (remixing a song...lets call it "remix")

So, should I just delete the first folder:
    D:\Spectrasonics\SAGE\SAGE Libraries\User Libraries\Converted REX Files\remix

and re-convert all the files again?

or can I import the additional files into the same 'remix' folder as I did the first 2 rex files?

I guess I'm asking if it's alright to delete imported rex folders. Will the plug-in see that they're gone when it restarts and just forget about them? I know you're not supposed to change elements....so what's the best way?

Let forget about adding rex files...let just say I want to get rid of a converted folder. What the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes....reorganize the REX files in the folders you want first and then reconvert them.

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Yes....reorganize the REX files in the folders you want first and then reconvert them.

spectrum
    Can I simply delete folders of the files I've already converted? Like any folder in:
    D:\Spectrasonics\SAGE\SAGE Libraries\User Libraries\Converted REX Files\

I know we can't move/change elements...but is it alright to delete a whole folder? Will Stylus see that it's gone and update accordingly?

Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by djmoose
    Can I simply delete folders of the files I've already converted? Like any folder in:
    D:\Spectrasonics\SAGE\SAGE Libraries\User Libraries\Converted REX Files\

I know we can't move/change elements...but is it alright to delete a whole folder? Will Stylus see that it's gone and update accordingly?

Thanks so much!
    Trashing Suites is fine.

spectrum

Go Back to forum