• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: RMX/Logic tracks, aux, workflow, everything!

Share/Bookmark

RMX/Logic tracks, aux, workflow, everything!

Just beginning to dig in and wondering if I'm doing this right or digging a hole. Looks right so far... but I'd hate to have my template be poorly founded and slap myself later... so I humbly ask....

In logic arrange... Inst 1 is rmx. Then I create inst 2 thru 8. Then I reassign these back to inst 1 and then to midi channels 2-8 respectively. Now I can drag and drop my midi files right?

Output A audio from rmx mixer appears in logic Inst 1, then I got B-H into 7 stereo aux's. And that's so I can mix in logic and use logic plug ins.

Is this "how it's done?" Or have I missed the boat somewhere?

Re: RMX/Logic tracks, aux, workflow, everything!

There's a useful pdf on this topic on the community page for RMX:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/rmxcommunity/

That sounded like a "no, and btw, you're a dufus."

Fine. Off I go... to figure out where I put my serial number.

Not at all. I'm sorry if it sounded like that, that's certainly not how I meant it. There's never a bad question in my opinion.

It's simply a difficult thing to describe with text only...the screenshots in the pdf are really useful and helpful. There's also a lot of other useful stuff there in the community page, so we direct people to it whenever we can.

If it's something simple to answer with some text reply only, we usually are happy to answer it, but in this case, I ws trying to give you access to the better info.

spectrum

I was trying, if poorly, to be self-deprecating and was absolutely kidding, Eric. I very VERY much appreciate the response.
    I'm sorry, that there was any question about that.

Cool!

No worries...

All the best,

spectrum

Am I doing something wrong, or is this the intended result?

Last steps of the pdf... At the arrange page, if I select RMX (grand piano) as my device, I lose my audio inst strip in favor of a midi slider and hence, access to the plug in.

Because of the pic cropping I can't tell if this happened in the example.

And btw in the first step, the pic shows stereo selection, as opposed to multi channel. Does that matter?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McBrearty
    Am I doing something wrong, or is this the intended result?

Last steps of the pdf... At the arrange page, if I select RMX (grand piano) as my device, I lose my audio inst strip in favor of a midi slider and hence, access to the plug in.
    View the Environment Mixer instead of the Track Mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McBrearty
    And btw in the first step, the pic shows stereo selection, as opposed to multi channel. Does that matter?

thx
    The Multichannel Plug-in is if you want to use separate audio outputs from RMX to Logic, it has nothing to do with Multitimbrality or MIDI communication.

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    View the Environment Mixer instead of the Track Mixer.
    spectrum
    I think I was misunderstood.

I meant that if I select the sub-pop audio/rmx/grandpiano, then in the arrange page I'm now looking at a midi slider, instead of an instrument audio strip. And yes, the track mixer looks that way too (midi slider), while only the environment shows the audio strip.

Thanks for the multichannel explanation. Didn't know that.

That's correct. Multi Instruments in the Environment are MIDI objects, not audio objects in Logic.

Very easy to get confused by all the different "Multi" terminology in use between RMX and Logic....not always "logical"...;-)

Reminds me of back in '84, when I used to do tech support at Roland back in the early days of MIDI. (Boy do I sound old!)

A guy called asking where the "MIDI Stereo Mode" was for his Guitar synth! (since you had to use MIDI Mono mode for multiple MIDI channel tracking with Roland Guitar Synths.)

He was really angry and said, "BUT I ALWAYS PLAY IN STEREO, DUDE!"

:-) LOL!

spectrum

Go Back to forum