• Register
  • Help

Topic: Acting in I've got the Chan Centre in my PCs!!

Share/Bookmark

Acting in I've got the Chan Centre in my PCs!!

Hey gang - just thought I'd post a quick howdy-do. I was rearranging after adding some flat panel displays to my setup, and came across some pictures I downloaded off of the Chan Centre web site - and decided to use two of them as background images on my machines.

Pretty cool, huh? The one that spans the two monitors in front makes it look like I'm looking into the audience from the stage, the other one is a pic of another room in the facility, a threatre in the round. It really puts me in a mood to create when I sit down in the studio.

Since Gary announced the release of his
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: Acting in I've got the Chan Centre in my PCs!!

Houston,

Pretty slick! Say, what's that controller off to the right in your setup? Yamaha mixer? Tascam controller?

Sincerley,

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP
    Houston,

Pretty slick! Say, what's that controller off to the right in your setup? Yamaha mixer? Tascam controller?

Sincerley,

Jonathan
    It's the TASCAM FW-1884, one of the best on the market in its price range. I did a review of it for audioMIDI.com, which you can check out here. It's a pretty amazing piece of kit. It allows you to run both stereo and surround - right out of the box.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Houston Haynes:

Man, those pictures of the Chan Centre are great. I downloaded the one of the concert hall with the big 9 foot concert grand piano on stage. My whole computer screen is now aglow with that picture every time I turn my laptop on.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...........well, you get the point.

Best,

John
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I attended my first concert at the Chan Center only 4 weeks ago (Blind Boys of Alabama), it's an amazing facility and I was very impressed by the quality of sound from where I sat.

Go Back to forum