• Register
  • Help

Topic: Buying a PC for Gigastudio???

Share/Bookmark

Buying a PC for Gigastudio???

I am interested in buying another PC dedicated to Gigastudio and Audio. I want to cut to the chase and rather spend money on a
    pc that will work smoothly as I have seen many issues in this forum. I am interested in
    purchasing a P3 with 600 MHZ and 128 SDRAM( will upgrade to 256 later. I am wondering who has advice on purchasing a PC for Audio and Gigasampler who personally has bought one
    with positivie feedback. This is a tricky pc world and not everything is as smooth as you
    might think as I deal with software issues daily. Any recommendations on a good PC???

Re: Buying a PC for Gigastudio???

Dear J Matthews

I am posting you the message I wrote to
    Tripett

Dear Tripett

Yes, indeed these are good questions to consider. First of all you need to make the
    final choice.

This is my experience as a professional musician and software engineer. Celeron can work with Gigasampler/Gigastudio and you will find users very happy with such a product. You will also find users not so happy with Celeron. The most successfull pcs I have seen most users happy with is definately a Pentium 3 as I am the owner of one. I have been very fortunate with my pc I bought.
    I am happy to say that even though I spent a few more dollars, its worth it than buying generic pcs. I classify a Generic Pc as a typical office pc. These are the pcs they sell mostly through big vendors.

I believe a pc should be a music studio and built by muicians or Audio Gurus that understand whats needed to make a studio pc different form a Generic PC. There are many
    problems with Generic PCS. Its the questions we ask \"which Pentium\" \"The bigger the better\" . This is not the criterria. Rather What does the Motherboard Support. Which harddrive and what is the data transfer rate(Not necesseraly the seek time or rpm that count, its more than that.

I just bought a Pc running Gigastudio, Cubase
    AARDVARK PRO 24/96 which I am very happpy with. People are \"Jealous\" to know I havent had any problems with my Gigasstudio set up why??
    Because I bought a studio PC and no \"Crap\"modems and drives I would take out anyway to replace with good gear.(in this way I saved more money and spent it on a good Rewritable drive)

My set up
    Pentium 3
    700 MHZ (Motherboard supports Ultra 66)
    2 harddrives (Ultra ATA 66 and SCSI)
    Excelllent cd rewritable from Plextor(reads 12x) (my Favorite)
    256 megs of ram
    cd drive
    floppy drive
    cool case with 4 pci slots(think expansion)

This is my set up and as a musician and computer buff I would recommend these guys any day.

You might want to ask them how much for a studio pc with your requirements and it will be custom made if they dont have the model you want.

I chose the Studio Classic but added the scsi drive and 128 megss of Ram.=(256 megsram)

I bought mine from Soundsonics pcs and they are music Gurus.

I had mine within 1 month which is good for a custom configured and tested audio workstation.

The guys name is David and the companys
    e-mail is soundsonics@myway.com

I hope that I have given you enough info, remember you make the final choice!!!!

Mine was good!!!

VictorD

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMatthews:
    I am interested in buying another PC dedicated to Gigastudio and Audio. I want to cut to the chase and rather spend money on a
    pc that will work smoothly as I have seen many issues in this forum. I am interested in
    purchasing a P3 with 600 MHZ and 128 SDRAM( will upgrade to 256 later. I am wondering who has advice on purchasing a PC for Audio and Gigasampler who personally has bought one
    with positivie feedback. This is a tricky pc world and not everything is as smooth as you
    might think as I deal with software issues daily. Any recommendations on a good PC???
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum