• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EWQLSO HELP!!!

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSO HELP!!!

I have been writing music in Voyetra's Music Write program for quite some time. Just recently I heard about EWQLSO and all of it's amazing samples. Needless to say I purchased it immediately ... now I am completely at a loss on how to apply these amazing samples to my MIDI music that I have written. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Do I need additional software?

Thanks!

Re: EWQLSO HELP!!!

You will need additional software since Make Music does not host VSTi's. There's some cheap VSTi capable sequencers out there (Tracktion, Orion, FLStudio, Podium, Cubase SE, Sonar Studio) or you can buy a VSTi host and use what you have. (Search Google for Bidule or VStack or Forte.)

And if you go the VSTi host route, let us know and we can help you set it up so it works with your current software.

*personally, I'd look at Tracktion.*

I would also look at Tracktion. There is a working demo on the Mackie web site.

Peace

Rik

Geez, you didn't research the requirements?

Been there, done that! A Fool and his money.... (spends more money!)

Peace

Rik

Thanks Joseph and rikp for the suggestions. I went directly to the Tracktion website to see what they have. Looks like they are comming out with a Tracktion 2 that is going to be released this month? I downloaded a demo of it and it looks like it would be perfect. Still trying to play with it though to see how to get EWLSO to plug into it though. Looks like there is quite a bit of stuff to do.

EWQLSO said it could work as a stand alone ... I guess only if you want to hear what it can do. lol Oh well, still glad I got it.

I use EWQLSO with Sibelius 3.1 all the time on the PC. The technique is simple:

System setup: install MIDI YOKE, or Marble MIDI TOOLs, or some other method of creating virtual MIDI devices.

Set the output of Sibelius (or whatever MIDI stream generator you use) to use one of the MIDI YOKE devices.

start up the stand-alone EWQLSO. Set its input to the same device you chose for Sibelius output.

Select instruments and set their channels appropriately in the standalone application. Set the corresponding channel numbers on Sibelius's Mixer panel.

hit PLAY.

You can find additional help by searching on "Sounds Online" (with the quote marks) or "EWQLSO" on google.
    Andy Finkenstadt, WinXP, P4-2.8GHZ, 3GB, Sonar 4 PE, Sibelius 3. Yamaha CVP-79A.
    EWQL: Gold, GoldPro, Choirs, StormDrum. and Galaxy & Bosendorfer 290, and RealGuitar. And an empty bank account.

Quote Originally Posted by tpetter795
    I have been writing music in Voyetra's Music Write program for quite some time. Just recently I heard about EWQLSO and all of it's amazing samples. Needless to say I purchased it immediately ... now I am completely at a loss on how to apply these amazing samples to my MIDI music that I have written. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Do I need additional software?
    hehe, but nothing beats the story about the guy who purchased gigasampler and wanted to put the complete program into his keyboard O_o

anyway, to get serious. i would definitely go first with a cheap sequencer and get used to all the features etc. later on you can start searching for a better sequencer with more features (depends on waht you like)

choose your sequencer according to your taste. the thing is you work better in something you like.

and then it starts

after you get used to one sequencer and one machine you will experience the first limit of one computer and go and buy another, then another sample library and another pc, and another and ...... the story will never end.

we are all slaves and addicted ....
    Last edited by Waywyn; 05-05-2005 at 07:41 AM.

Listen to SimuAndy; his is probably the best route for you at the moment. However, the sequencer route will give better results in the long term.

Daryl

Go Back to forum