• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL Problem --- what can I do?

Share/Bookmark

VSL Problem --- what can I do?

On the slide it "clicks" (sounds what a mismatched sample rate sounds like, or if someone clicked their instrument).... I'm pretty sure it's in the sample (WAV) "between" the notes. What can I do? It doesn't do it if I don't slide, and it doesn't do it whit any other notes (that I've noticed). Is this in the sample from the factory, so to speak?

How can I edit this? GIGA is a PITA to try and figure out how to edit..... I don't even know where that sample is?

BTW I'm on 2.5

thanks!

KID

Re: VSL Problem --- what can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf
    On the slide it "clicks" (sounds what a mismatched sample rate sounds like, or if someone clicked their instrument).... I'm pretty sure it's in the sample (WAV) "between" the notes. What can I do? It doesn't do it if I don't slide, and it doesn't do it whit any other notes (that I've noticed). Is this in the sample from the factory, so to speak?

How can I edit this? GIGA is a PITA to try and figure out how to edit..... I don't even know where that sample is?

BTW I'm on 2.5

thanks!

KID
    Which instrument? Is it the performance legato, the portamento? Is it just one note, or many?

If it is the slide sample in a performance legato instrument, those samples would be in their own folder - you can audition the offending note(s) and see if the click is in the recording itself, or if it is something else that is going on.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, basically it's in the "Porta of the viola" (only on the slide does it occur)....

Can you briefly explain where I go to hear "that" specific sample, what do I look for? (are you meaning look for it on my HD or through the editor?)

Simply --- can I take this sample out of the folder, edit it, and then put it back in the folder with out it loosing "sight" of where that file is/was?

Or do I have to do it with in GIGA.

Thanks a bunch!

KID

I guess what I'm asking is how I "audition" it to see what/where the sample is...

KID

Thumbs up Re: VSL Problem --- what can I do?

When you do find it send it to me and I'll remove the tick. PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-surf
    Yeah, basically it's in the "Porta of the viola" (only on the slide does it occur)....

Can you briefly explain where I go to hear "that" specific sample, what do I look for? (are you meaning look for it on my HD or through the editor?)

Simply --- can I take this sample out of the folder, edit it, and then put it back in the folder with out it loosing "sight" of where that file is/was?

Or do I have to do it with in GIGA.

Thanks a bunch!

KID
    Yes, you would have to look for it through the editor. Open up the gig in the editor, and find the folder with the portamento samples - make sure you know exactly which note and portamento interval is the offending one, since there are MANY samples in these performance instruments.
    Once your looking through the folders you are looking at the actual wav files - right click on any one, and one of the options you get is 'Audition'. This will play the wav exactly as is, without any of the programming etc. If you hear the click in the file itself, then that will mean it is actually in there as a real audio artefact.
    You can either export that wav and then edit it, or (this is probably easiest) you can set your preferred audio editor in the Giga Editor's preferences and when you select 'Edit', the editor will automatically open up with the file loaded in it.

I hope this makes sense, since I'm just on my way out and was typing in a hurry!

Silicon.... thanks dude! I got it though.... yer the man!

Jc5 ---- thanks, makes perfect sense! Much appreciated! I'm still a little confused 'bout how I figure out what sample slides to what, but hopefully I'll figure it out?!?!? ;-)

I gotta drag it to the mac, though, i don't have an editor on PC's.....

thanks guys!!!

Oh I just realized the whole first part of my initial post was deleted somehow..... doesn't makes sense this way. I said what patch and notes and all that.... oh well?

Go Back to forum