• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any of you with network TV experience?

Share/Bookmark

Any of you with network TV experience?

Thanks to Gary's great strings, I'm going to be doing some scoring for one of the major networks. I'm kind of in the dark about this from a business perspective since I usually produce music for commercial artists and not for TV. Do any of you have any experience in this area? I'd love to pick your brain about it for a few minutes if you don't mind. Thanks a lot!

Vince

Re: Any of you with network TV experience?

I don't have experience, but, shucks! Good on ya, bud!
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Quote Originally Posted by VincePro
    Thanks to Gary's great strings, I'm going to be doing some scoring for one of the major networks. I'm kind of in the dark about this from a business perspective since I usually produce music for commercial artists and not for TV. Do any of you have any experience in this area? I'd love to pick your brain about it for a few minutes if you don't mind. Thanks a lot!

Vince
    I've been working at Discovery Channel (which includes all their networks ) as an audio mixer / composer for many years.
    What's up?
    Bosco Adama

Hey Vince - if you can be more specific with what you're looking for in terms of guidance I'll try and help you. I bought Gary's GOS strings and have used them on "Monk" for 3 seasons - they're pretty much a staple of my palatte for that score.

I've been included in a small group of composers that are going to be updating the music to a group of daytime shows for Paramount TV. It was supposed to start by now - the there's a hitch that's keeping us from proceeding, something that we have no visibility on. Get used to that. When it does move forward, it's a matter of getting a list of music cues for the week and having them distributed to the group roughed out turned around as quickly as possible, with final delivery set for the end of the week. I'd imagine that might extrapolate to other types of music (prime time, mini-series, etc) but I'm not sure.

The best thing you can do is trust your gut, deliver on time, and roll with whatever comes your way. You've got the gig - now - OWN it.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Thanks for the responses guys..I'll be sending you emails with more details! If anyone else might have some experiences, please let me know. Thanks.

I think all you guys are lucky to be getting this work, and exposure! I'm jealous as hell.
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Congrats man. That would be awesome to get a network gig.

Jonny

Hey Jeff, by the way, need an assistant??!!
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Thanks a lot guys...Jeff, Bosco, I sent you a PM....

Go Back to forum