• Register
  • Help

Topic: VictorD Help with Win98 Lite

Share/Bookmark

VictorD Help with Win98 Lite

Hi,

I have a legit Windows 98 (not SE). I am trying to purchase Win98 lite in order to run the micro 98 set-up.

I\'m stll not clear:
    1) Is Win98 Lite a stand alone OS (to be installed by itself) or does it need to be installed along side a Windows 98 (this was my impression from reading the on-line Manual)

The other question is, if it runs along with Windows 98, should I uninstall 98 first. then make a clean install of 98 before installing 98Lite?

Thanks!!!

Re: VictorD Help with Win98 Lite

I thought the \'lite\' programme was just a series of controlled stripbacks of what you were supplied in Win 98. Didn\'t think it would give you any extra stuff, just unbloat what you already have.

Yeah I thing Chadwick is right .
    I would also like to ad that I have decided to set up my computer to work with dual op systems .
    Ive alway\'s been told if your running audio apps like giga studio and a sequencer on your computer ,not to have programs on your system like virus programs ,cd recorders etc.
    In the last 6 months I have got 2 viruses .
    And when I installed Mcaffy[or something like that ]virus protector program my computer keep on locking up and could never get rid of the virus .
    So what I have decided to do is install win 98-2,then install 98 lite and stip all the internet explorer stuff down to the sleekest fastest option.And only load Cakewalk,effect plug ins and giga studio and thats it [of course all the drivers for the hardware]
    Then I will install win 2000[with the dual op option] and load all the crap programs like internet explorer ,virus protectors etc ,that would otherwise leach cpu power and conflict with my audio apps,but now is on a seperate op system so no conflicts at all.
    With this setup everytime you start your computer it will ask you which op system you want to load ,and if your going to record you chose win 98 and if you want to use all the other programs and go on the internet you chose win 2000.
    This seems to be the way to go to eliminate conflicts unless you have two computers

Sorry I have not responded but I have been out of town.

Yes Windows Lite is a Configuration from the Original Windows. There is no such product as windows lite!!!!

VictorD

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kenn159:
    Yeah I thing Chadwick is right .
    I would also like to ad that I have decided to set up my computer to work with dual op systems .
    Ive alway\'s been told if your running audio apps like giga studio and a sequencer on your computer ,not to have programs on your system like virus programs ,cd recorders etc.
    In the last 6 months I have got 2 viruses .
    And when I installed Mcaffy[or something like that ]virus protector program my computer keep on locking up and could never get rid of the virus .
    So what I have decided to do is install win 98-2,then install 98 lite and stip all the internet explorer stuff down to the sleekest fastest option.And only load Cakewalk,effect plug ins and giga studio and thats it [of course all the drivers for the hardware]
    Then I will install win 2000[with the dual op option] and load all the crap programs like internet explorer ,virus protectors etc ,that would otherwise leach cpu power and conflict with my audio apps,but now is on a seperate op system so no conflicts at all.
    With this setup everytime you start your computer it will ask you which op system you want to load ,and if your going to record you chose win 98 and if you want to use all the other programs and go on the internet you chose win 2000.
    This seems to be the way to go to eliminate conflicts unless you have two computers
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum