• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO Gold authorization post Tiger upgrade

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation EWQLSO Gold authorization post Tiger upgrade

my system got hosed by choosing the archive and upgrade option of Tiger's install, and requires that I reauthorize. Despite the docs saying that the OS change from 10.3.x to 10.4.x (Tiger) is not part of the system ID tag, the system is indeed presenting a new tag...

OK. so conformant the license agreement, I have EWQLSO Gold installed on both my Powerbook and my 2xG5. It's the G5 that's troubled.

I *suppose* that I could deactivate one of the existing authorizations on NI's site, but the ID's that are shown there are NOT identifiable as to which is which, and since the site CLEARLY states that once a system is deactivated, it can under no circumstances be reactivated, I need to get this right...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

btw, despite the manual stating that one has 30 days to register (in my case, RE-register), the software says 5 days. I've emailed NI for a response twice now, once per day for the last two days without response.

Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks in advance!

Michael

Re: EWQLSO Gold authorization post Tiger upgrade

You could try calling Sounds Online at 310-271-4589

Rick

The Gold registration tool shows your system ID.

A message vanished...

yes it did

and since the site CLEARLY states that once a system is deactivated, it can under no circumstances be reactivated, I need to get this right...

Can somebody explain that one to me? Please? I mean what does that have to do with copy protection? I have accidentally (long story) deactivated a machine ID that I use and now I'm stuck. I really don't understand why once deactivated a particular machine ID can never be reactivated.
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

I had the same problem when my system crashed. I had to re-install Kontakt because the system ID changed - even though I made no changes to the system besides re-installing all of my software....Then one day I powered up and my system spontaneously reverted back to the former ID. NI registration tool wouldn't re-register this ID via the web. I sent an email to NI regarding this matter and they promptly (within 24 hours) replied with the new...er...old registration number. I recommend contacting them again (details, but not rants explaining your situation clearly) or try Sounds Online. I'm sure one of them can resolve this quickly.

What if someone buys a computer from someone and tries to install few of NI products and discovers that previous owner has already deactivated this machine for the same software???

Go Back to forum