• Register
  • Help

Topic: Battery 2 problem

Battery 2 problem

I am aware that this forum is Kontakt related, but am hoping that NI will respond to this post and maybe help me out.

I purchased Battery 2 from Digital Village in Barnet, North London, and I received the cd rom yesterday.

I have tried to install this vsti 5 times and have failed to both load the entire library and the registration tool does not function properly.
    As my net connection is remote from my audio computer, I used the 'save' function in the reg tool and it gives me an error that it cannot read the html read file.

I have contacted Digital Village and they have said I should go into their North London branch and have it tested there.
    The cd, however, has 2 scratches on it that have nothing to do with me.
    Digital have said it is unlikely they will take it and replace it as it has the scratches. I have stated that I have only put the cd in the tray and taken it out at the end. The scratches are not laser scratches but are diagonal across the cd.

I have emailed NI and received no response.
    All I want is the damn vsti to install.
    I have paid for it and am more than happy to have a download version offered to me off NI's site.

If a product arrives damaged and does not work, surely there is either a refund policy in place or, at the very least, a working copy should be forwarded to the purchaser?

I will wait a little longer then contact my credit card company and request a chargeback.

I cannot say I am impressed by all this, both by Digital Village's policy and the lack of any help from NI.

Maybe £125 is not enough to interest tech support into an email response?

Re: Battery 2 problem

It's ok now, I have resolved the problem.

It needed a patch fix from NI's site.
    Shame this bug was not addressed on the home page or when purchasing the product.

Winsted, CT

BTW, this is not an NI site, and they don't visit here...

yea , In the Future, You`ll get better answers in NI`s own Battery Forum Rich

Thnx guys.............

Go Back to forum