• Register
  • Help

Topic: O.T.Sage Rage Demo

Share/Bookmark

O.T.Sage Rage Demo

I was listening to the RMX demos again last night and I've always loved the demos by Tobias...He's got me thinking totally different about how to structure a song from the way I used to for instance, you don't necessarily have to use the same drum kit through out the whole song and transitions can be really cool...(Don't just throw in a drum fill and call it done)I've been taking in alot of ideas from demos and it's got me very excited about making music again....That being said....I just couldn't get that guitar sound out of my head ALL DAY today from the Sage Rage Demo...about 30 seconds into it...It's not too distorted and pretty far from clean....The delay just fits in perfect and I LOVE that tone...OK...get to the point..I noticed Eric said that Tobias has contributed alot to the Stylus project and he obviously has access to an awesome guitar player....I've also noticed so far we have : Keyboards - Atmosphere, Bass - Trilogy, Drums - Stylus RMX, Guitar - ?...Guitar???!!!....ERIC, PLEASE GET THAT SOUND BEFORE YOU RELEASE A GUITAR PROJECT!!...PLEASE! I was just imagining how cool it would be to have that sound not too distorted on the lighter hit notes with a little more distortion on the harder hit notes...Multisampled kind of like you did with Trilogy that I heard the other day for the first time and thought was incredible...Not to mention the out of this world effects you could apply like in stylus for the delay like you hear in this demo....The thought of having that sound alone would be worth owning it to me...So when can you have it done...like tomorrow? Seriously, All I'm asking is that you keep this in mind before releasing your Trilusphere - (Guitar instrument)...

Re: O.T.Sage Rage Demo

I was messing with some of the bonus material the other day, and noticed how well the Bizarre Guitar stuff works with Stylus RMX. I was thinking a guitar expander would be great: groove controlled strumming etc as with some of the Bizarre Guitar stuff. Stylus is so much fun to use, I'd love it to be a real "go to" choice for not just the drums. (It already is for lots of sounds, but a guitar library for SAGE would be GREAT.)

There is a company called Nine Volt Audio which makes an Xpander called Chopped Guitars which works great with RMX.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmusic
    I was listening to the RMX demos again last night and I've always loved the demos by Tobias...He's got me thinking totally different about how to structure a song from the way I used to for instance, you don't necessarily have to use the same drum kit through out the whole song and transitions can be really cool...(Don't just throw in a drum fill and call it done)I've been taking in alot of ideas from demos and it's got me very excited about making music again....That being said....I just couldn't get that guitar sound out of my head ALL DAY today from the Sage Rage Demo...about 30 seconds into it...It's not too distorted and pretty far from clean....The delay just fits in perfect and I LOVE that tone...OK...get to the point..
    Wow, thanks for the kind words! Never thought I could inspire someone else with my music.. thought I was gonna be the one who only got inspired by others for the rest of my life, hehe. Btw, if you want the email adress to Daniel (my guitar player) just pm me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonmusic
    I noticed Eric said that Tobias has contributed alot to the Stylus project and he obviously has access to an awesome guitar player....I've also noticed so far we have : Keyboards - Atmosphere, Bass - Trilogy, Drums - Stylus RMX, Guitar - ?...Guitar???!!!....ERIC, PLEASE GET THAT SOUND BEFORE YOU RELEASE A GUITAR PROJECT!!...PLEASE! I was just imagining how cool it would be to have that sound not too distorted on the lighter hit notes with a little more distortion on the harder hit notes...Multisampled kind of like you did with Trilogy that I heard the other day for the first time and thought was incredible...Not to mention the out of this world effects you could apply like in stylus for the delay like you hear in this demo....The thought of having that sound alone would be worth owning it to me...So when can you have it done...like tomorrow? Seriously, All I'm asking is that you keep this in mind before releasing your Trilusphere - (Guitar instrument)...
    If we all scream really loud all together we might convince Eric to do it! I'd love to see more guitar products as well.. Especially big fat multi overdubbed drop tuned guitar riffs, hehe.

/Tobias

Quote Originally Posted by tob
    Wow, thanks for the kind words! Never thought I could inspire someone else with my music.. thought I was gonna be the one who only got inspired by others for the rest of my life, hehe. Btw, if you want the email adress to Daniel (my guitar player) just pm me. /Tobias
    Your too modest...Definitely great stuff...I was surprised when I saw your picture, thought you'd be older....Not sure what your credits are so far but I see great things in your future for sure! Do you and Daniel work together as in the same room or is it a virtual kind of thing?...Great results however you guys work....In this particular Demo, Did he run direct using plugins,fx box or mic'd setup?....A guitar player I've worked with swears by an old Ensoniq DP-4 running direct and he has amazing results...

Quote Originally Posted by tob
    If we all scream really loud all together we might convince Eric to do it! I'd love to see more guitar products as well.. Especially big fat multi overdubbed drop tuned guitar riffs, hehe.

/Tobias
    Ready...1..2..3..AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!....Loud enough? I hear ya on that one...I really like Monzter Guitars for the big in your face crunch power chord type stuff but falls short past that...Lyrical Distortion sounds really good too but there's something about it in the demos AT TIMES that sounds fake....However it's the best sounding one I've heard demo wise so far....I would LOVE to see Eric tackle this area...Not just another sample library but a dedicated instrument module like Trilogy....I don't think it's a matter of "IF" but a matter of "WHEN"....I can't imagine him NOT working on something like this.....

Go Back to forum