• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics Authorizing

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics Authorizing

First, I want to thank all the Spectrasonics team for the most innovative products in the business today. One word, incredible! I'll buy anything these guys release, because I know it's going to be amazing...and I think I'm not alone.

However one thing worries me...authorizing. Of course we all know that copy protection is essential in todays business and I support it strongly. But I've had many computer crashes in recent years...and many of us are forced to change computer every 1-2 years anyway. There are limited amounts of authorizations, of course, and after some major crashes, I've noticed that it's kind of scary to install and authorize software, because of those horrible experiences of multiple crashes and lost authorizations.

I was thinking about if Spectrasonics would come up with a system, like Native Instruments, where you can add & delete auhorizations if needed. Or some other creative solutions, where you can safely authorize without fearing
    you'll lose all your instruments after next crash.

Re: Spectrasonics Authorizing

actually I don't think spectrasonics even has a limit on the number of the authorisations one is allowed..... which to me is the best of all those products that I license that have copy protection.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

While there is some protection against a large number of authorizations in a brief period of time, there is no fixed limit on the total number of authorizations you can obtain for a Spectrasonics product.

Further, as it says in your installation manual, if, for some reason, Spectrasonics can no longer provide an authorization server on the internet, customers will be provided with a way to obtain their own authorizations for the life of their product.

So, there's nothing to be afraid of :-).

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO
    While there is some protection against a large number of authorizations in a brief period of time, there is no fixed limit on the total number of authorizations you can obtain for a Spectrasonics product.

Further, as it says in your installation manual, if, for some reason, Spectrasonics can no longer provide an authorization server on the internet, customers will be provided with a way to obtain their own authorizations for the life of their product.

So, there's nothing to be afraid of :-).

- Glenn
    Thanks for the answer! I thought there was a 2 authorizations limit and it's been in my mind a lot since my problems with the computers.

Quote Originally Posted by xenoble
    Thanks for the answer! I thought there was a 2 authorizations limit and it's been in my mind a lot since my problems with the computers.
    Nope...that's Native Instruments limit, not Spectrasonics.

Registered users can get the authorizations they need, no problem. Sometimes, we will need to verify the identity of the user first, in the same way that credit card companies security measures work. But in most instances, the process is instantaneous.

spectrum

Go Back to forum