• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "End of the Road" - Largo in C major

"End of the Road" - Largo in C major

Hello everyone! Time now for Mr. Hannifin's latest work, no?

I've been working on this piece for a good while! I still plan to do some little tweaking here and there, but the hard part is over. The largo was composed entirely in Overture.

Instrumentation includes: 2 oboes, 2 horns, 1 trumpet, 1 harp, solo violin, solo cello, and the standard string section.

My first year of college is just about over, though finals are still coming up. I am calling this largo "End of the Road" because I associate it with that feeling of finishing up and going home, like a journey's end.

EDIT (September 1st) : I have changed the links, so if you would still like to hear this piece, please visit my website and check the MP3's page . . .

It's about seven and a half minutes; I hope you enjoy! Any comments and critiques are welcome!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: "End of the Road" - Largo in C major

I liked the melody (I always liked simple melody!). Only one thing that I would had to heard is maybe some more 'punch' at certain place? like it seem it 'grow' up to something somtime and then it come back to few instruments etc.
    I am no pro just what I think! Overrall I like!

Hi Sean

Simply beautiful and soothing! I hear the resemblance of your theme to the little Nocturne I posted a few weeks ago that you mentioned...isn't that coincidence. Anyway, I think your work is really nice. I have one humble suggestion: for me the end wasn’t very final enough, I think you used an inversion of the tonic. Other than that I really liked it.

Kind Regards

UK- teeming with life....

A pretty and tender piece. I liked your violin work.

This is quite a lovely piece. Your future sure looks bright. You are a smart and talented young musician/composer. I wish you the best of luck in what I'm sure will be a stellar future.

Thumbs up Re: "End of the Road" - Largo in C major

what a marvellous melody.
    I enjoy it very much.
    This is surely the music I prefer.
    Orchestration is good, and you have created a lovely melody.
    Of course it seems to be at the end of a road....
    Many congratulations,
    very good work!!!
    You are very talented, keep on this road, and try to never reach the end
    Best of luck,

What they said. This is really nice, and the timing is good as I too am reaching the end of a college year. (My fifth, going on six ) My suggestion would be to add some tempo fluctuations during the parts that don't have a lot of motion. That would add an element of expressiveness that slower sections tend to lack. Keep it up, you're improving with every new piece.

Wow Sean!

This is great work. I can tell that you did a lot of work on this one The melody is very nice. I really enjoyed it. G's right! This could definately be a show piece with just a hint of polish. Congratulations on a fine work!

Thumbs up Re: "End of the Road" - Largo in C major

I love this !

Orcas Island

Mr. Hannifin,

You certainly outdid yourself. The melody is haunting and beautiful. As I mentioned, this can be a showpiece. There are so many ways you can go with this and open it up to all sorts of possibilities. I mentioned a few on the chat.

I agree with Karl that you have a bright future ahead. Good luck with finals!

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to go listen again

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast