Hardware issues go to the listing top right
    corner and select last 20 days. Then press Go
    You should see a title of discussion called:

\"Which PC? Please Help\"

There is a lot of Information. I bought my

Pc from Soundsonics. Check them out!!
    They are in that discussion.

VictorD
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scf3:
    Does anyone have any info on running
    Gigasampler on Dell computers providing
    they meet all the normal configuration
    requirements?

Thanks,

Steve Fawcett
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re: Giga and Dell

Steve,

I have a Dell Pentium II 450 with 256 meg ram and 2 Maxtor hard drives. I get 157 voice polyphony and I am very pleased with my setup. I use this one computer for all I do including internet, Cakewalk, etc.

Terry

Wow! OK Terry, what are you doing that the rest of us are doing wrong? 157 notes polyphony on a PII 450 is amazing! My PIII 533 with 384MB RAM can\'t get me above 110! Can you give us details on your setup?? Thanks.

Steve
    I\'ve been running Gigastudio 96 on a Dell for about 2 months now. It\'s 800Mhz, 256MB Ram, 40GB Hard Drive,(about $2000), with a midiman DiO24/96 Sound Card and Midiman Midisport 2X2 midi interface. I only use it for Gigastudio and do my sequencing on a Mac G3. The Dell is doing a great job for me. No problems with the software or hardware.
    Dan Fisher

Ditto Terry!!!!

Please share your setup with the rest of us underachievers!

I am not a hardware expert like most of you guys. But, here is what I have. About a year and a half ago, I bought a Dell Pentium II 450 with a 13 gig Maxtor (5400) as standard issue. I added an EMU-APS sound card. It is not GSIF but it works for me. My computer came with 128 megs of ram but I added another 128. I added a second Maxtor 30 gig (7200). I made it my C: drive and made my old Maxtor the D: drive. My gigs are on the D: drive and I have been told I need to swap my hard drives so the gigs are on the faster drive.

I write music for marching bands and concert bands. I use advanced orchestra for the brass and woodwinds and I just added Quantum Leap Brass. Donnie Christian gave me a gig that has Marching Percussion on it and I use Donnie\'s Ultimate Percussion for mallets, toys, etc. I write on Finale 2000 and play back through Gigastudio. I also use Cakewalk 9.03 for mixing and rendering to MP3\'s, etc.

I hope I haven\'t been too long winded here, and I know this is not the technical info you are probably looking for. All I can tell you is that it works for me. My arrangements regularly peak at 135 - 145 voices and a few of them at 157. I have never seen it higher.

Hope this helps.

Terry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ramo dan:
    ...with a midiman DiO24/96 Sound Card and Midiman Midisport 2X2 midi interface...
    Dan Fisher[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Dan,
    Have you had any problems with the Midisport? I\'m considering it, but I\'m concerned about supposed lack of USB support and/or driver/compatibility issues in GSt.
    Also, how do you like the Delta Dio? I\'ve been researching and strongly considering a Delta Dio 2496/Midisport combo, and you\'re the first person I\'ve seen on these boards using this combination...
    Thanks, Ryan

A couple months back I talked to Nemesys and they said that the recommend using PCI midi interfaces over serial ,USB and there second choice ISA.
    Just wondering what midi interfaces you all are using with giga studio.
    Right now im using Darla 24 for audio and SB live for Midi,but I wanted a Midi interface with more that one in and one out like the SBLive . thanks

Go Back to forum