• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for "speed jazz" drum loops or SAGE Xpanders

Share/Bookmark

Looking for "speed jazz" drum loops or SAGE Xpanders

I am trying to find a good range of fast tempo jazz drum loops.
    What would be best is a SAGE Xpander that has this, because of the CHAOS feature. Any help in either area?
    Logic 9 | OSX Snow Leopard | 2x3 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | 4g ram |Dual Cinema Displays | MBox 2 | MOTU 2408, MTP AV | AlphaTrack | BlueSky 2.1 |

Re: Looking for "speed jazz" drum loops or SAGE Xpanders

I could not find any cool ones so made my own. I think you would have trouble using them in stylus though as due to the nature of swing it is hard to cut them up into rex files. They also are not ideal for stretching as the ride cymbol is a constant sound.

Obmit

Not able to do the rex stuff at this point anyway (and wouldn't have the time!)

Anybody?
    Logic 9 | OSX Snow Leopard | 2x3 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon | 4g ram |Dual Cinema Displays | MBox 2 | MOTU 2408, MTP AV | AlphaTrack | BlueSky 2.1 |

There's a module called BPM120 by uerbershall, I don't have it, but I have downloaded the software demo and it has some really cool jazz loops in 120bpm.
    You can change the tempo but is works by streching so you won't get very good results.
    Anyway download demo and see it for yourself.

Thanks Nayi, the demos on their site sound real good. My concern is the limit of one tempo. I'd have to stretch those at least 20bpm to get what I want. I'm not sure I'd wanna risk getting it and being disappointed.

Well you could try it in the demo and see if that appeals to you. Raising the tempo sometimes works better in stretching.
    For example 120-140 sounds better than 120-100.

Its worth getting the Peter Erskine Living Drums Sample CD-the loop part is a little uneven in variety.i'd say maybe 1/4 of it is swing. 200 BPM+.
    With alotta work combing the loops with indvidual hits I was able to recreate a convincing fast bop score. Again whether its rex-able to RMX -I doubt.

Some company should get him back into the studio for an extensive update-
    his drum feel/sounds are gorgeous.

JF

Now we're starting to get somewhere. Thanks for the tip Johnfindlay.
    Loops in lieu of SAGE Xpanders would be my best option.
    To clarify, I was originally asking if there were any SAGE xpanders that had this ability, but I am not interested in attempting to do conversions and such.

Any more suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

The Erskine library is well recorded and well played, and has lots of good single hit samples, but very few loops in any one MM - I was unable to use the loops except for the most mundane, static grooves. If you use these as a starting place, all is well, but there's just no place to go. This is another lib I have paid for and find basically useless. Their ad says thousands of hits, it should read dozens.

Peter should go back in the studio and do it right this time...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Theres also a cheap one by PowerFX called "history of jazz drums" or something like that..Its got alot Jeff "Tain " Watts type modern bop grooves. Sound qualities not great but there fast and for 50$ Rich

Go Back to forum