• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do you post a demo?

Share/Bookmark

How do you post a demo?

I'm new to GPO and have a piece "in the works". I'm not sure how I can or where I can post a "sample" of my first work- if I can of course? Any suggestions would be appreciated in advance. Also I think I can use my wifes website as a possible host but then again I'm not sure where to start. I'll post this on the support forum.

Impressive stuff from new users.

Re: How do you post a demo?

Quote Originally Posted by Superb_Tenor
    I'm new to GPO and have a piece "in the works". I'm not sure how I can or where I can post a "sample" of my first work- if I can of course? Any suggestions would be appreciated in advance. Also I think I can use my wifes website as a possible host but then again I'm not sure where to start. I'll post this on the support forum.

Impressive stuff from new users.
    Superb_Tenor

If you would like, I would be happy to host it on the GPO Site. Looking forward to hearing your music!

Gary Garritan

Also, if you want to use your wife's (or another) website, it's fairly simple.

You'll generally want to have the file prepared as an .mp3 file, preferrably at 128kB/s or better.

You'd send that to the server (in binary mode, never ascii/text) -- and then simply provide a link in your forum post to the file, for example: http://www.yoursite.com/yourfile.mp3

If you get stuck on any of that, contact me via the mailform on my site www.DavidSosnowski.com and I'll be happy to coach you through it via email.

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

thanks etLux,

I have the file in Mp3 format and I have a link as an htm file.
    You'd send that to the server (in binary mode, never ascii/text)

That was way over my head. just trying to figure out and easier way to get people to listen to it. Right now it takes a while for it to load on that seperate page and I think it's a quicktime plug in which many people don't have.

I've answered this in an email to you a few minutes ago, Marco, which I hope will explain what's what.

If not, by all means, get back to me via email, of course!

etLux
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum